Idle problem on Jonsered

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Danxtro

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I have a Jonsered 625 II that rev very good at high speed but dies when I release the throttle. No idle at all. I cleaned every holes in the carb and put a new pump and diaphragm kit. Someone got an idea or a tip on what could cause that problem.

Thank you very much

Dan

The O ring on the oil pump is the likely culprit there IMO. Recently had the same problem on the same model.

Start it and spray starting fluid around clutch area and on flywheel side if revs up then air in seals then try to spray around boot to see if any leeks there that the easiest way I find leaks or have used wd40

You need to check the carb adjustment grommet . It is the boot that goes over the H and L adjustments . As the rubber gets older and thicker it grabs the springs .. That lets the screws vibrate out of adjustments. I just fixed both of my 670's. you can buy a new one or take a dremel and open up the grommet so it does not hit the H and L jet springs. Good luck Bill

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks everyone for your help...will check with spray fluid
Spike, did you replace the oil seal also?

Yes on the seals. The clutch side seal comes out with the oil pump, so it's half done at that point. That being replaced it made sense to do the flywheel side as well.

Back