If you can't laugh at yourself...........

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BIGBORE577

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Most of you have probably read my ranting about how matter how much I back out the H screw on my 7900 I can't get the the RPM's low enough to stop hitting the rev limiter after my muffler mod. I thought it might be the type of tach I'm using since it's an older analog Dixson with the induction pick up. I'd backed it out as much as 4 full turns and still banged off the limiter! Well, guess what, with the cover off I noticed the whole time I'd been turning the L screw even though I was using the H hole. Ya know, they are pretty close together! Hey, before all your minds head toward the gutter with the over tones of this post, it's gonna take a long while to pass me up. Perhaps that's why I've been slapped by the wife, at certain times, without knowing the reason why? Anyway, I cut the tabs off the limiter cap, got the right blade to fit. All is well and she runs right along at a steady 13.5K, the saw that is! Geez what a dufus!:dizzy:

What did you do to the muffler? Did you notice much of a gain?
I just got my 7900, I had to take the air filter cover off to find the mixture screws. Really like it so far.
Scott

What did you do to the muffler? Did you notice much of a gain?
I just got my 7900, I had to take the air filter cover off to find the mixture screws. Really like it so far.
Scott

I basically followed Steve "Freakinstangs" posting on the 7900 muffler mod. If you do a search you'll find the thread. I opened the muffler by carefully uncrimping it, removed the baffle box, opened the existing exhaust port and attached the deflector from a Husky 288XP to the same size port on the opposing side. I sand blasted it and baked on some ceramic heat paint. I must say it looks nice and rather stock. Sounds great and I can definitely feel a difference torque wise.

the whole time I'd been turning the L screw even though I was using the H hole. Ya know, they are pretty close together!

As long as the wife is happy the rpm's don't really matter!:rockn:

Back