If you could only have just 3

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have 11 saws right now and have not been able to think about getting rid of any. For the last several years have not had to do any climbing, but if I was to start again there would be two new shiny saws on my shelf. An ultra light one for smaller limbs then a light one for chunking. When the trunks start to get more than 20'' then many of my saws would work fine. Most of my saws are for firewood and for every saw there is a backup. A dirty carburetor can not happen or to wait for some dealer to decide to order some part. The Husky 460 have proven to be a great value for me in that they are small enough to cut limbs and large enough to get through rounds up to 30''. Their cheap price make them a go to for me. Thanks

Small : 241
Middle : 361
Big: i Sold my 076 and need a new big saw...
May be i wait for the 462 or a 661...

40cc 60cc and 80cc is the best Plan IMO

Truth be told, i could get by with just 3 or 4 saws, most of my sawing is just firewood. I just really like collecting saws. Its the mechaincal part of em i like. Taking something that someones tossed aside and making it live and work again is kind of a high for me. Thats how ive come to have so many.

Truth be told, i could get by with just 3 or 4 saws, most of my sawing is just firewood. I just really like collecting saws. Its the mechaincal part of em i like. Taking something that someones tossed aside and making it live and work again is kind of a high for me. Thats how ive come to have so many.

I could get by with 1 no problem. It's the thrill of the hunt and the revs. Got wood?

I used to go right for the 044 or 460 but I've been using the 361 more often and I'm liking it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

As long as the wood is 20" or less, a 361 is fine: if it gets bigger, so is my saw.

1.) Dolmar PS-6400 - all-round go-to saw
2.) Dolmar PS-7900 - big and fun saw
3.) A small Dolmar top handle , this spot is currently filled by my 1985's Sachs-Dolmar 105

Anything in between cc's?
Just a waste of time from my point of view.
The least work see my 40cc's.
My 64cc and 79cc are on par, love them both.

See signature, works perfectly fine for me (the Sachs-Dolmar 108 is identical to the Sachs-Dolmar 105, just rear handle design). :)

1. Poulan S25AV
2. MS440
3. MS660

1. A little screamer top handle that has no idea how many CC's it really has.
2. & 3. Great saws period. Aftermarket parts are everywhere. Will never be dependent on Stihl and their $$$$ to keep them running.

2 out of the "3 only list" are ready to mill and do orchard/yard/fence cleanup. Now about that 440...Huztl.net time!
thumbnail_20170305_182450.jpg 20170131_090243.jpg

View attachment 563076 After a bunch of reading, asking dumb questions, and plenty of head scratching...

This is my 3 saw plan: V2 261 non-Mtronic, 365/372, 390xp

And yes, that's my living room floor...Because I can! ;)

It doesn't touch The Precious with its filthy paws until The Precious is stuffed full of bananas!

1. Poulan S25AV
2. MS440
3. MS660

1. A little screamer top handle that has no idea how many CC's it really has.
2. & 3. Great saws period. Aftermarket parts are everywhere. Will never be dependent on Stihl and their $$$$ to keep them running.

2 out of the "3 only list" are ready to mill and do orchard/yard/fence cleanup. Now about that 440...Huztl.net time!
View attachment 563057 View attachment 563059
Is that your blood all over the patio putting that big ole bar on that saw?

Back