Ignition Coil for Jonsereds 630?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

psjwi

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
I have a friend who has a Jonsereds 630 and he has been told that the coil is bad and that it is no longer available. An internet search for the part seems to show aftermarket parts out there but it is a bit confusing in that it appears that there may be a two piece set required or maybe not...
(I was not aware that there even was such a thing as a primary and secondary coil)

I told him that I knew where to get the answer...;)

Thanks,

Paul

Yes there is a primary and secondary coil on most 625/630/670 just like 61/266 husqvarna saws.
U can.buy aftermarket ones from hlsproparts.com they are $30 each so $60+shipping for a set. I have personally used them and they work good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Normally the one by the oil tank is the one that goes bad for some reason the one with the spark plug wire seldom goes bad.
Shep

I have to agree. I have built several of these from the 2 piece cases and the newer single piece case. I bought a nos coil set for a arm and a leg, then bought a aftermarket set from hlsupply. They both run very good i do thing the aftermarket one may have a bit better timing curve. It seems to be more responsive and better power. I have that set up on my noodle rig for 3 years now no complaints. About 1/4-1/3 the cost of a nos set.

It appears that my friend is probably not going to try to fix it - he might try to sell it.
It hasn't been run for years but knowing the family, it was probably not run much.
Any thoughts on what he should try to ask for it?

Latest posts

Back