Im a prophet! Or at least in profit....

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

outofmytree

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Quoted a job for a regular a few weeks back. This is a quasi governemnt group that manages a couple of hundred houses. Gave em the option of pruning or removing but told em the tree was in real trouble. They chose the cheaper pruning job. Surprise!!

When I get out there about two weeks later this is what we found. The red circle marks the rope which was left to choke the flow in this branch untill it just gave out.

attachment.php

This handsome looking fellow is the boss..... standing next to the remains of their washing line

attachment.php

Heres a close up of the extant of the internal rot caused by that nasty bit of rope and a couple of ugly topping jobs before that.

attachment.php

Was a bit tricky to get down the rest without squashing the fence and the shed but it was fun and the neighbours appreciated the show!

More bad weather please. :greenchainsaw:

Good photos.

I've seen branches die from being girdled but I don't think I've seen one tear out of the trunk as a result like in your photos.

This one was a combination of things IMO. The tree was Eucalyptus camaldulensis which have a reputation for shedding branches anyway. Then it was topped at least twice, neglected and girdled. I couldnt find any copper nails in it but that was about all that didnt get done!

Latest posts

Back