How would you deal with this BOSS?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
naturally this A**hole's gotta go! or you gotta go!

really surprised no one else has pointed out safety factor of being abused while working.

it's dangerous job and one needs ALL of your wits to keep from getting hurt.

Update:

Quit the brownstool.

Offered my services to their direct competitors.

Discussed with my new (at the time potential employers) that I had given my previous employer one-year-to-the-day to straighten up their act, but that had not happened, and so I was available.

I requested to spend a day to see one or two of their crews in action, requested the adresses they would be at on a specific day so I could show up and see how they were getting things done. I indicated that it would be most instructional for me to see the crews and the way they were equiped and the quality of work performed.

They were impressed by this, and I was suitably impressed with what I saw to engage in further negotiations.

Lesson I have learned: Never look hungry. Deal from strength, interview your employer as in depth as they interview you. They will be impressed and won't take offence if they are pros.

My total time unemployed: 48 hours.

Things look good so far, I'm enjoying the trees, working hard, having my contributions repaid with commendations and monetary raises, being given new responsibilities.

If I were'nt such a stickler on ethics, I would have dropped my old employer before a year was out. I commited a year, I saw it out. The year sucked, but I feel good about myself.

RedlineIt

RedlineIt said:
BS has some sort of inferiority complex that makes him be a bully. I have had the opportunity to talk to people who have known him all his life, and he has been a bully since his days in elementary school on the playground. While he is a fairly big fellow, he is fat and slow, and wit goes straight over his head. He is ISA certified as an arborist, and he also has a diploma in horticulture from a good college.

horray for the ISA. Back to reading

just knock him one by accident, you know pick up a big branch and spin the wrong way? if he approaches just hit the throttle on the saw and tell him you cant hear him. or strut in to his supervisors office and tell him the deal. then take the saw and cut his (BS) desk in half, when the two sides hit the ground ask him if thats enough wood on the ground yet?

just kidding with the last bit.

interview your employer as in depth as they interview you. They will be impressed and won't take offence if they are pros.

pfft - it is this simple, if they are interested, they will ask about you. If they are not, they will tell you about them.

Glad it worked out and you took my advice and quit the mental mastubation.

pfft - it is this simple, if they are interested, they will ask about you. If they are not, they will tell you about them.

Haven't been on many job interviews have you, treetx?

I've been on both sides of the table, and I'll tell you flat out, you've got it bassackwards.

Sheesh, what a dope.

RedlineIt

Back