Im concerned about keeping up on firewood

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Michael M

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
I hit it hard last fall, winter, and so far this spring and now have 40 full cords cut split and stacked for my use and for sale next winter. I have more blow downs and dead trees to come out plus I will be getting 3 or 4 loads of poles from a job that I'm working on now. I always loved cutting splitting and stacking. Kind of my hobby. Now here is the problem. I built a nice pond on my property last summer, well it's in a great spot and I love it. I got about 2000 minnows and put them in to get it started then figured I would catch some bass and bluegill from some neighbors ponds that I have permission to fish and transfer them to my pond. So me and the kids started fishing in the evenings and have been slammin them good. In two weeks we put 85 fish in our pond. Now keep in mind I haven't fished for nearly 20 years..... but I gotta tell ya I love it! I used to get home and head to the wood yard, now I grab my fishing poles and the kids and go fishin.

I hear ya we have a pond and it's nice to kick back and catch&release. We file the 2 barbs off to make it easier.

I filled our pond by netting a few plastic garbage cans full of fish from a nearby stream.

enjoy life with the kids for now...later on they'll help you with wood.

Yep. I know the kids like it just cause they have quality time with you. Its a wonderful thing. They grow way faster than I ever believed. I would send rep but aint met my post limit yet. Congrats on your new hobby.

Way to Go Dad!! Your kids will never forget this time in their lives..

Rep your way.

I love fishing. When i go fishing i take a box of beer and a bucket of rocks. I throw the rocks at the fishing line so the fish dont mess up the beer drinking.:hmm3grin2orange: No, actually, I realized the other day i need to have more family time. Ive worked my azz off for the last 4 years. I have a 4 yr old girl, and a 3 month old girl and it seems like the 4 year old should just be 1 year old. Time gets away.

Had to rep you for spending time with the kids, wood will always be waiting.
Kids just grow up so fast, they'll have the memories of fishing with Dad for a life time.

Hold them while you can, they grow up too fast and then they dont want anything to do with you because you arent cool. I became a dad at 18, when my son was old enough we got into cub scouts, that was cool. I was his den leader all they way up until he crossed over into boy scouts. I stepped down to a committee member and the politics got the best of me. So here we are now, im 32 and my son is 14 almost an eagle scout and he is teaching me things I learned in scouts, but I didnt tell him. He thinks its great that he knows a little more than the old man. We fish camp and split wood on a regular basis and raise a little cain. He is my right hand man. He is also my best friend next to my wife.

Jeff

Here is a nice bass my 5 year old caught with her barbie pole.
EvasBass.jpg

That's one heck of a nice bass there Michael! Me and a friend were just talking about this stuff this morning... seems like we just graduated from high school and it's already been 10yrs... and my oldest son will turn 8 this July... As much as they enjoy going out with me while I cut wood, I still need to get them down to the lake... only took them fishing twice last year which is ridiculous considering we used to go 100's of times a year.

Latest posts

Back