I'm done with farmertec's shenanigans!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pioneer

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
Just tried to get a warranty replacement of a defective cylinder with many obvious chrome plating voids in them. After stalling me, using their ridiculous canned response of "try it out and see", they finally said I should ship them the saw so they could see the problem! An obvious ploy to illicit a negative response so they would have an excuse to deny warranty.
They even lied about shipping the large order I placed with them that the cylinder came in. It did not show up in the system for 2 whole weeks, until I told them I would ask PayPal for a refund, then it got shipped out the next day!
Avoid these lying thief's, order your parts from ANYONE else. Their defective part warranty is an outright lie, the majority of their parts are sub-part at best, and some are downright unusable garbage. I now join the ranks of many dissatisfied customers here on this site, and refuse to buy any more product from them. I hope you do the same.

Just tried to get a warranty replacement of a defective cylinder with many obvious chrome plating voids in them. After stalling me, using their ridiculous canned response of "try it out and see", they finally said I should ship them the saw so they could see the problem! An obvious ploy to illicit a negative response so they would have an excuse to deny warranty.
They even lied about shipping the large order I placed with them that the cylinder came in. It did not show up in the system for 2 whole weeks, until I told them I would ask PayPal for a refund, then it got shipped out the next day!
Avoid these lying thief's, order your parts from ANYONE else. Their defective part warranty is an outright lie, the majority of their parts are sub-part at best, and some are downright unusable garbage. I now join the ranks of many dissatisfied customers here on this site, and refuse to buy any more product from them. I hope you do the same.
th-3.jpg

Just rebuilt a 372 china saw, bad cylinder (plating peeled), insane intake boot (boot and clamp, total junk) and leaking crank seals. Not a bad saw, person got to run it for 20 minutes. Bearings looked good, saw is running now, will see how long it holds up now. Ran it with 24" bar and chain, buried in 30"+ frozen red oak, pulled and cut well. Think you get what you pay for, but many of small parts and even oil pump (exact markings as oem, as seen on 372-390) may work just as well as oem.

Just rebuilt a 372 china saw, bad cylinder (plating peeled), insane intake boot (boot and clamp, total junk) and leaking crank seals. Not a bad saw, person got to run it for 20 minutes. Bearings looked good, saw is running now, will see how long it holds up now. Ran it with 24" bar and chain, buried in 30"+ frozen red oak, pulled and cut well. Think you get what you pay for, but many of small parts and even oil pump (exact markings as oem, as seen on 372-390) may work just as well as oem.
You're a better man than me, I would have thrown up all over the bench. I can't understand how people defend those POSs.

You're a better man than me, I would have thrown up all over the bench. I can't understand how people defend those POSs.
Oh, don't get me wrong. Guy spent around $300 and got 20 minutes of run time (great value)! Agree with you, find good reusable oem parts and rebuild a reliable saw, that can be rebuilt several times if needed over many years of use.

I have not had any problems with the many China saws that I use. Yes some stuff breaks or does not last well so what. I have two of every thing anyway so does not matter. They are cheap. If I would buy two MS 660 it would run $3000 so do not care what wears or breaks. I have not seen any larger saws from Stihl that is worth a darn any way so not many choices. I would not waste 10 minutes to get some warranty replacements.Thanks

I' got 2 070's from them and I'm gonna replace p/c, carb, crankshaft and clutch assembly with as many quality aftermarket and oem parts as possible. I'm trying to make a positive out of a negative but the quality of a lot of their parts are junk, but I can make a 090 out of one of them really cheap. The customer service sucks as bad as the saws.

I didn't expect the 372 kit to even run, but I used an OEM wristpin bearing,piston circlips, intake manifold,and a Zama Dolmar 7900 carburetor.All other parts are functioning adequately,at least so far.Approximately ten tanks through it.I never owned a 372 and wanted to approximate one.

I'm keeping my eyes open for a powerhead to run a winch. Cost had me looking at the Chinese saws. Reading the reviews and build threads here on AS sure changed my mind in a hurry.

"I only had to tear down the whole saw, rebuild it from the ground up, fix a couple gross manufacturing errors, and deal with multiple failures in a short period of time, but man these Chinese saws sure are a good deal!"

No thank you. Brand new Echo or used Stihl/Husky, here I come.

Latest posts

Back