I'm going to Tampa to work with Treeman14 for a week

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

treeclimber165

Member A.K.A Skwerl
Reaction score
Hey guys,
Thought I'd let you know that I'm going to Tampa for a week and I'm going to work with Brett while I'm there. My boss took off for vacation and I don't have much going on here till he gets back a week from Tuesday, and I thought it would be neat to check out Brett's operation. I also have some good friends about 20-25 miles from Brett that I haven't seen in over a year. I'm going to stay at their house while I'm down there.

Wish me luck! Brett might have to let you all know what a big fake I am unless I can convince him otherwise! :p

Should be fun

I'm sure you guys will have a blast in Tampa together. What kind of jobs will you guys be doing? Whatever it is I'm sure Brian will reveal just how fake he is:p* I have a bit of good news, I have picked up a couple jobs already here in Daytona which I had not intended on happening but each job will make me around $400 gross total which will be a nice little wad to head back to Orlando with when I move back for school. Anyway, best of luck to you guys and keep it real.

*This remark, for all intensive purposes, is intended for the viewer's laughter purposes only and is not to be viewed in a literal sense or to be taken seriously....Everyone here knows that Brian is an excellent and knowledgeable treeman including myself.

Well, I got here safe and sound. Stopped by Brett's shop but they had already locked up for the night. Went by Brett's house and got to meet him and his wife (and his son Matthew and the cat). Brett sure has some pretty bucket trucks! Enough to ruin the best of climbers! :D He said he had a dead cypress tree for me to climb tomorrow, so I gotta get to sleep soon. I'll check back in tomorrow night.

Palm Pruning

The two jobs that I picked up are both pruning palm trees. The first job calls for 40 palms to be pruned. I will be charging 10 dollars a palm because a ground man is being supplied and I wont have to haul any brush, just climb, cut, and done.

The second job calls for about 20 palms(so i have been told the estimate is there could be more or less.) Its a close friend of my father's and I will most likely be charging 20 dollars a palm which in this job i will be working alone and having to clean and haul brush.

DDM,
What's '$10 apiece'??? What does that have to do with my going to work with Brett? Heck, $10 won't put enough fuel in the chipper (or even the climber) for a day.

Favor

Its a personal favor for a friend. Two things as well....remember I cant charge what you guys charge because I am not as well trained and it would be unethical to charge the same as a professional....at least until I am better trained and two I will be supplied with a groundman that i dont even have to pay for....he isnt even a labor liability for me so I HAVE to cut a price break for that.....the guy who's trees I am doing is paying the groundman. Its his personal yard maintanence guy. I am an advocate for business ethics:D

Forrest, I want you to think about this God forbid You climb one of these Palms, you Spike out and fall and get hurt. For $ 10.00 Does this seem unethical to you? Just a thought.

How could this man being around not be a liability for you? You climb, and accidentally drop a frond?? when the guy is not looking... BAM! Guy is unconscious on the ground with the ambulance on the way. Also what happens if you fall? You are in trouble when it comes to medical expenses.

Latest posts

Back