I'm going to Tampa to work with Treeman14 for a week

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, if ya do 10 an hour................

But then that probably won't happen..........

What if ya werk yer butt off for 45 min. up and down, cleaning head etc.

i guess for a guy strting out with a head of steam that might not seem toooooooo bad, but not tooooooooo good either!

I got to say that Brett has a couple of the best tree people I've ever had the pleasure of working with. Ben and Darlene both know their stuff and worked me into the dirt today! They both kick major A$$! I sure won't be up till midnight again tonight.

Got to deadwood a live oak with NO center (lightning damage) and trim on another live oak over a porch roof. Ben let me run the bucket for a while, too. Been a long time since I've been in one.
All in all it was a fun day.

The boss will be on the job tomorrow, so I'm bringing my camera (POS point-n-shoot 35 mm).

Brian I'm glad to hear your enjoying yourself. I take it you enjoy working for Brett more than you do your Boss. :blob2:

I apoligize

Brian,
I know this is your post and who am I to intercede? I will be sure not to put my crap in the middle of your garbage. It turns a post into a heaping pile of waste.;)

Take it easy....

Thanks for the pictures, Brett. I didn't even know you took that second one. I was kinda busy.
Budroe, the trunk that I flopped (from the first limb) was almost 40 feet. I'd guess the tree was 60'-65' total. Brett didn't get the house in the pics, the tree was about 4'-5' from the house. I had a landing area about 12' wide. Another (fun) day at the office!

We did a quickie crane job this morning. Pine tree had fallen into a pond during tornado.

Ive always wanted to do a crane removal! maybe someday I'll have to settle for dragging them out with the skid steer for the time being i guess! :blob2:

Back home now

Well, I made it home in one piece. The traffic on I-4 is more dangerous than climbing trees, I think! :eek:
I have to say that I truly enjoyed working with Brett and his excellent crew. Ben and Darlene are both true arborists and a pleasure to work with. The highlight of the week was when both of them told me that they would love for me to come back and work with them any time. If I ever decide to relocate to the left coast (of Florida), Brett will be my first phone call.

Thanks, Brett!! :angel:

Glad to hear it. I bet the traffic going by Disney ect was pretty bad this time of the year.

I noticed the last time i was in winterhaven a month ago i guess that the tree services which i saw 6 or 7 in passing didnt look as if they were doing to well Beat up old trucks Hauling brush instead of chipping it ect. Any insite on this?
:blob2:

Originally posted by DDM
..... I noticed the last time i was in winterhaven a month ago i guess that the tree services which i saw 6 or 7 in passing didnt look as if they were doing to well Beat up old trucks Hauling brush instead of chipping it ect. Any insite on this?
:blob2:

Lots of lowballers, making it hard for tree services to charge what jobs are worth. I'd also guess lack of maintenance on equipment, leading to lots of nonfunctional equipment and no dollars to fix or replace it. "Work what ya got till it breaks" seems to be a common theme. :( Glad to see that some companies like Brett's can thrive even in that environment.

Originally posted by Mike Maas
I'd like to hear about the differences in the way you do things, as opposed to how they do.
I also want to know some of things you learned.
Share.

Sorry I missed your post earlier, Mike. I guess the biggest differences were in the equipment available (bucket trucks, massive chipper) which dictated how wood was handled. Split and chipped rather than loaded and hauled. Most of our other approaches and methods were similar.
I think the most important thing I learned is how much smoother and enjoyable a jobsite can be when attitudes and egos are left at home. I had to catch myself a couple times when my 'I can do it better' ego started inflating. By shutting up and working WITH them we all were happier and more productive.

Sounds like with a chipper of that size Brett needs a Skid steer to load it! :D
That would have made it even better wouldnt it? :blob2:

Latest posts

Back