I'm in the dog house tonight...caught by the noise police...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TraditionalTool

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Nah, was just my wife...but it felt like the noise police, I'll tell 'ya! ;)

I was running my 359 I got from Brad Snelling, it's not ported, and doesn't have a muffler mod yet, but Brad drilled the cat out...to make it California compliant of course! :cheers:

My wife says it's too loud to use in a residential area...that there are people trying to think within 2 blocks...and I haven't even done the muffler mod, it's just had 3 tanks of gas run through it. (I do have the deflector in my Bailey's cart, just haven't done an order yet;)).

This saw just screams "more" when it's WOT, makes me wonder what's inside with some porting...it's not really as if I need more power, I was blocking out a chunk of cedar to carve, when the noise police showed up...and it was chewing through that like no tomorrow...*lol*

Cheers,
TT

I would pose the option of bringing the 359 and the workpiece into the house, out of consideration for the neighbors.:jawdrop:

Should take your relationship to a new, never experienced level of understanding.

I would pose the option of bringing the 359 and the workpiece into the house, out of consideration for the neighbors.:jawdrop:

Should take your relationship to a new, never experienced level of understanding.
NOT!

I have to say though, my wife is such a sweetie, she waited for me to finish blocking out the cedar before she said anything...

I'm sure I'm not the first person on AS that has been told their saw is LOUD...

when my wife tells me " whatever, just go play with your saws" I have learned it dosnt mean go play with the saws, but just the opposite is true, so that means that if she is telling you it is too load, by their terms that is an invatation to make it loader!

I once popped a woodchuck from inside the bathroom through an open window.

How was I to know my wife was around the corner and on the throne when the rifle was touched off.:confused:

Not good. Chicks have no sense of humor it seems.

Stay safe!
Dingeryote

How was I to know my wife was around the corner and on the throne when the rifle was touched off.:confused:

Stay safe!
Dingeryote

WOW, do I know the feeling. I touched off a clip full out of my favorite 45, into the bullet trap I have in the basement, thinking the wife was gone one Saturday afternoon. By the time I finished the clip, I felt her breath on the back of my neck. When I turned around, I witnessed a look that I would rather not again. I really do think there are demons deep down inside that seemingly sweet, lovely creature.
Then there was the time I fired up a Homelite race saw in the aforementioned basement about 1am after working on it all day. It was just for a moment, making sure it would fire. Unfortunately, that was not bad enough. The well underestimated, big plume of exhaust smoke emitted upon start up, was aimed precisely in the direction of a smoke alarm. Yes, of course, it did go off. Even better, it is hard wired to the rest of the alarms throughout the house. If you don't already know, it's very difficult to describe the amount of noise made by 5 screaming fire alarms, especially in the calm of the morning, while sound asleep. When she came down the stairs stomping her feet, it seemed Tyrannosaurus Rex was about to pay a visit. How 120lbs can generate that much stomping power, is still a mystery too me. Anyway, there I was fanning away at the alarm with the closest thing I had at hand, which was some sort of framed print being stored near by, like some sort of spastic idiot, trying to shut the frigging thing off. What a sight to behold I bet that was, especially from her perspective. The demons showed up again very shortly thereafter. I'm sure you can figure out the rest.

WOW, do I know the feeling. I touched off a clip full out of my favorite 45, into the bullet trap I have in the basement, thinking the wife was gone one Saturday afternoon. By the time I finished the clip, I felt her breath on the back of my neck. When I turned around, I witnessed a look that I would rather not again. I really do think there are demons deep down inside that seemingly sweet, lovely creature.
Then there was the time I fired up a Homelite race saw in the aforementioned basement about 1am after working on it all day. It was just for a moment, making sure it would fire. Unfortunately, that was not bad enough. The well underestimated, big plume of exhaust smoke emitted upon start up, was aimed precisely in the direction of a smoke alarm. Yes, of course, it did go off. Even better, it is hard wired to the rest of the alarms throughout the house. If you don't already know, it's very difficult to describe the amount of noise made by 5 screaming fire alarms, especially in the calm of the morning, while sound asleep. When she came down the stairs stomping her feet, it seemed Tyrannosaurus Rex was about to pay a visit. How 120lbs can generate that much stomping power, is still a mystery too me. Anyway, there I was fanning away at the alarm with the closest thing I had at hand, which was some sort of framed print being stored near by, like some sort of spastic idiot, trying to shut the frigging thing off. What a sight to behold I bet that was, especially from her perspective. The demons showed up again very shortly thereafter. I'm sure you can figure out the rest.

Those are the same demons that show up when ya wash Cosmolene off of surplus FAL mags in the dishwasher, or clean a Muzzleloader in the bathtub....
Yup I have seen 'em. Watch the dog next time. They have a 6th sense developed over thousands of years of living with married men.

If the pooch looks you in the eye with that worried look and slinks off all of a sudden, follow him. The look is a form of communication we lost in evolution, that translated, means something like "CRAP!!! you're gonna get us both killed, I'm outtahere!".

LOL!!
And we die earlier because of the diet? LOL!!!!!

Stay safe!
Dingeryote

My wife rather be able to hear me run the saw then not so she would
know that I'm okay and not hurt. She likes DP 044 for that reason.

Those are the same demons that show up when ya wash Cosmolene off of surplus FAL mags in the dishwasher, or clean a Muzzleloader in the bathtub....
Yup I have seen 'em. Watch the dog next time. They have a 6th sense developed over thousands of years of living with married men.

If the pooch looks you in the eye with that worried look and slinks off all of a sudden, follow him. The look is a form of communication we lost in evolution, that translated, means something like "CRAP!!! you're gonna get us both killed, I'm outtahere!".

LOL!!
And we die earlier because of the diet? LOL!!!!!

Stay safe!
Dingeryote

LOL! So true. Unfortunately, I no longer have a dog. However, her cat was at her heels, pointing his paw and taunting me. As they turned and stomped away in unison, the cat looked back and gave me one last laugh. Of course, being a cat, he was not seen around for quite some time without her presence, sensing the possibility of severe retribution.

Stay safe!
Dingeryote

ROTFLMAO oh mate, that's priceless :laugh:

I tried to rep you, but I'm all out.

ROTFLMAO oh mate, that's priceless :laugh:

I tried to rep you, but I'm all out.
Not to worry, I got 'em for 'ya!

I bet his wife laughs about it nowadays though...it's the kinda thing that comes out when company is over for dinner..."my husband acts like a real dingeryote, once he popped a woodchuck from the bathroom windows, good thing I was on the toilet as it scared the $#!T out of me...". :D

Those are the same demons that show up when ya wash Cosmolene off of surplus FAL mags in the dishwasher

My wife came home for lunch and found an Aussie kit in the dishwasher. She wasn't very happy and made it very clear that the dishwasher was to remain Aussie kit free. Of course, I took this to mean Britt and Austrian kits are still allowed. :)

My wife came home for lunch and found an Aussie kit in the dishwasher. She wasn't very happy and made it very clear that the dishwasher was to remain Aussie kit free. Of course, I took this to mean Britt and Austrian kits are still allowed. :)

:hmm3grin2orange:

I reckon we all have been there...

If we can constantly tolerate every square inch of every horizontal surface in the household bieng occupied by pointless objects in the name of "Decoration", and those fuzzy things on the toilet seat lids that cause them to never stay open, the gals can surely agree to tolerate the occaisional explosion, gunfire, and creative use of kitchen appliances.

Fair is fair right? LOL!!!

Here's to the good wives and gals that accept our eccentricitys.:cheers:

Stay safe!
(Listen to the dog;))
Dingeryote

Not to worry, I got 'em for 'ya!

I bet his wife laughs about it nowadays though...it's the kinda thing that comes out when company is over for dinner..."my husband acts like a real dingeryote, once he popped a woodchuck from the bathroom windows, good thing I was on the toilet as it scared the $#!T out of me...". :D

Thanks for the rep guys...
I'll get ya back.:hmm3grin2orange:

And no, the wife still dosn't think it was funny.

Stay safe!
Dingeryote

Stay safe!
Dingeryote
Is no one going to make the obligatory comment "Guess you really scared the :censored: outta her". I mean, somebody had to say it. :hmm3grin2orange:

:hmm3grin2orange:

I reckon we all have been there...

If we can constantly tolerate every square inch of every horizontal surface in the household bieng occupied by pointless objects in the name of "Decoration", and those fuzzy things on the toilet seat lids that cause them to never stay open, the gals can surely agree to tolerate the occaisional explosion, gunfire, and creative use of kitchen appliances.

Fair is fair right? LOL!!!

Here's to the good wives and gals that accept our eccentricitys.:cheers:

Stay safe!
(Listen to the dog;))
Dingeryote

The real purpose behind those toilet seat deals is to ensure that the seat is always down. (BTW, how was it decided that the seat is always supposed to be ready for them anyway?) Those things are more than annoying, they were designed to be somewhat dangerous and pose a constant guillotine threat. The net result is having to pee in the awkward position of having one hand on the seat, and the other hand in it's customary position. It's all part of a grand plan, which has at it's origin their eternal jealosy of the fact that we can pretty much pee anywhere and they can't. :laugh:

(BTW, how was it decided that the seat is always supposed to be ready for them anyway?)

I knew my wife was a keeper when I had my own place and she, after using the toilet, would return the seat to it's proper upright position. Now it stays in whatever position it was last used and she never says a thing about it.

Back