• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Buy Im looking for large Pioneer chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

free_rider_151

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
I'm a loyal fan of the pioneer chainsaws and have restored a p51 and p61 to running order. I'm looking for a second saw to work with. I'm wanting anything from p50 to p65. I will pay cash, but I'm also a gunsmith, so I can also trade work for it if you so desire.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

Truth be told, I am looking for more of a low dollar project piece. Recently married I have to be good for at least a while [emoji38]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If anyone is interested I have 3 Pioneer 1074's.They all have low compression ranging from 50 - 90 #>I can't find any parts for the engines anywhere.One saw has no spark.

If anyone is interested I have 3 Pioneer 1074's.They all have low compression ranging from 50 - 90 #>I can't find any parts for the engines anywhere.One saw has no spark.
Parts are out there if you broaden your search. A lot of those different models had parts that would swap. For example a P28 piston and cyl will swap. A quick search on ebay showed 3-4 cylinders and brand new aftermarket pistons..

I knew that the P20 cylinders & pistons swapped out for the 1074.That's good if the P28 will swap as well,but the problem is finding the rings.I just looked on EBay ,I only found 2 cylinders,no aftermarket pistons,& absolutely no rings.

I know of a few local to me that I would be willing to buy for you and ship for a small profit on my end. Think both are P50s

Thanks for the info! I often thought that the rings from another engine/make might work,but I'm new to this,so I didn't want to put the time & money into something only to have it bite me in the ass in the end.

Latest posts

Back