I'm lucky to have the injurys I have

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Keep getting better!

An update for evryone. I'm doing very well, I'm now home but of course we had a hurricane, so my guys are scrambling trying to keep. It's nice to be home. At least I can get my office finally cleaned up. I still have nerve damage, and I'm partial weight baring on my left leg, I graduated to a walker this week, in 3 weeks I can learn to use a cane. But I have survived and I am itching to get back to work.
Very glad to hear you"re doing better brother. A little tip. Dump a small bottle of Peroxide in a full tub. Soak in for at least 20 minutes. The second time you do it you will feel the difference. Your body will soak up the oxygen from the h202 which turns to singlet oxygen in the body. Studied it and been doing it for over 20 yrs. O2/O3 Therapy used in Europe and throughout rest of world especially in Socialized countrys where the drug co's don't control their medicine. All the best!

Last edited:
An other update for you guys, I'm now walking with one crutch, it feels better to walk rather than sit in a wheelchair. The wheelchair irritates my tailbone. I still have nerve damage in left leg but my leg is getting stronger. I start aquatherapy on the 26th where I practice walking on an underwater treadmill. I walked around my buddys pool and I felt like 100 bucks, so I can't wait for the therapy. Bucket truck is almost repaired and will be back in action by october. Don't worry I won't be in it, I have climbers that are going to be working for me. I'm sitting back and running my company for a change, not killing myself over it. It's not easy sitting there watching my boys work I want to get in there and do it but I know that's not the smartest thing to do for me right now, so I'm being patient. And I also want to thank all of you for your support, there is alot of good advice on this site, I'd be a fool not to take it.

That's great news Brother...Glad yer progress has been good and you are positive about the future...that's an important part of any recovery. And it's good to delegate in business, you shouldn't try to do everything...it's often better to be the brains as much as brawn. A good climber is a huge asset, and can make / save lots of money for ya.

Keep strengthening yourself...the bones and white tissue (tendons, ligaments and cartilage) usually take 7 - 8 weeks to heal, as the blood flow is less than muscle and skin. So now you can get some wieght on in your resistance training, keeping your core and extremities strong and flexable. The additional blood flow from excercise will help the healing process and avoid other problems that come from atrophy and disuse. Aqua therapy is great, resistance without overstress and less chance of re-injury. Getting out walking, even with crutches, is great...I have gone hiking in the mountains on crutches...I didn't care what the Docs said...it was good for the mind, body and soul.

Thanks for the update Brother...Keep 'em coming...:msp_thumbup:

Good update to hear !
I was talking with a friend today , his son (smart and has a good head on his shoulders) was thinking of taking a trade in school , my advice was , " Tell him to pick a trade that he likes , study hard and plan on having tradesmen work for you when your done " .
Take the time to concentrate on building the business while making sure your guys are doing the quality work that you want , nothing wrong with being the boss and delegating tasks .

Good God, man! I've had two failed spinal fusions and live in chronic pain but simply can't imagine what you went through. Hardest part for me is depression- keep your spirits up, think positive when it comes to the future. It makes a world of difference! Spinal column injury has a very high incedence/correlation with depression and we all know that it and pain feed off of eachother.

There's been a lot of great advice on here; the most I can do is offer to be a listening ear that understands. Feel free to PM me and I'll shoot you my email addy and cell phone(texting is great!) number if you'd like.

God's speed and God bless you, your family, those that love you and your workers!!!!

My update

Hi folks figured I would give everyone an update. I'm doing well, less pain everyday. I'm walking with a cane. I usually walk around the house without one. Steping back and running the company has not been easy, I deperatly want to jump in my saddle. But trying to use my head more, letting the younger guys do the work. I still have some pain in my tail bone and nerve pain in my heal. But I can move my toes again and getting more feeling in my leg and other parts of my foot. I get up everyday at 5am head to the shop, get the boys going, go out to the jobs and supervise. I think the customers like talking to me because I can explain everything that we're doing as we're doing it. Thank you everyone for your support, be safe.

Hi folks figured I would give everyone an update. I'm doing well, less pain everyday. I'm walking with a cane. I usually walk around the house without one. Steping back and running the company has not been easy, I deperatly want to jump in my saddle. But trying to use my head more, letting the younger guys do the work. I still have some pain in my tail bone and nerve pain in my heal. But I can move my toes again and getting more feeling in my leg and other parts of my foot. I get up everyday at 5am head to the shop, get the boys going, go out to the jobs and supervise. I think the customers like talking to me because I can explain everything that we're doing as we're doing it. Thank you everyone for your support, be safe.

Awesome man, glad to hear your back at er' somewhat!

Latest posts

Back