I'm naked for the first time in decades

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow. I'm twelve cords a year at best (scrounging, burning seven or eight and donating the rest to folks who don't have the means). It's all I can do to get that it seems. How do you find the time? I respect your family - you all must be a tight bunch.

And thanks for the offer to help. I posted today because I admit I'm an addict to woodburning, chainsaws, filing, splitting by hand or by mechanical means AND YES TO THOSE INTERESTED, I DO ON OCCASION MAKE LOVE TO MY WIFE IN FRONT OF A ROARING FIRE. I EVEN DRAG A MATTRESS OUT. SHE SEEMS TO LIKE THAT FOR SOME REASON. Just to clear that up.

NOW...where's my new fireplace? Tomorrow hopefully

So do I, pictures anyone?

My big ol' 25 year old Kozy Heat on the north side of my house finally gave up the ghost. Or actually, the chimney crumbled. Costs too much to rebuild the chimney for what the fireplace has left to give. I don't have the ching for a whole new works right now.

I have an old, original equip 60 year old fireplace on the south side of the room. Been mothballed since I bought the house 18 years ago. So I have a Regency 3100 insert and flexible chimney to re-line the old one on order. Waiting for the phone call from the installer.

Twelve cords of seasoned ash all split and stacked in the shed, each piece awaiting its fate in the firebox.

Sposed to snow here in SW Minn tomorrow, and here I am, naked with no fireplace, staring at a stupid Edenpure electric heater instead of a roaring fire. I am seriously beside myself. I won't be happy until I have fire again.

Anyone else ever feel naked this way?

I'm not naked anymore...Regency 3100 insert is installed, up and running. $3800 for everything, re-sleeving the chimey and installation. After 8 or 9 fires I think it is finally breaking in, been starting slowly. Now getting secondary burns at the rear. Kewl, never had that in the old Kozy Heat.

Since obviously I can't put a thermometer on the stack, I put it on the horizontal surface about the door. Max read so far was 275.

Q: Since I think it is broken in, should I fire it until all four secondary tubes are lit, and then pull the air back? No damper control - just incoming. BTW this thing heats great, especially with the blower going.

Jeez, this is getting really kinky for a wood burning thread. :msp_tongue:

Latest posts

Back