I'm New!!!!!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cntrybo2

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Ok guys, i am new to the arborculture side of trees. i have an extensive forest managment background and am just starting to get into arborculture and tree climbing. i am getting ready to buy a Double rope climbing kit from New Tribe. i know this is kinda of a rec setup but i think it will work for my application. i am looking for a good way to learn to climb either by instruction or DVD system. if any of you get my drift on this and have any great words of wisdom and some grey hairs of guidance it would be greatly appreciated.

First of all welcome to Arborist Site. There are ALOT of great blokes here with alot of experience and knowledge to help you with almost anything you need.

Well I definately don't have the grey hairs of guidance, but I do have some great words of advice for you.

Buy the Tree Climbers companion ($35 here in Australia, probably $25 in your currency[USD]), read it through and just remember: Low and Slow is the best way to Go (For Starters).

Good luck and Safe Climbing,
JohN Dee

Welcome

Hi cntrybo2,
Welcome to the site,good folk,good advice,heaps of experience,take nothing to heart,good luck and enjoy your stay.

I recommend doing a little networking and finding someone with some experience to coach you, a lot of things just can't be transmitted through books or videos. Plus it's good to have another climber around if you run into a problem while your up.

It would be nice to find a coaching figure in my area, the problem is, alot of the people that do work around here fill that "hacker" catagory pretty well. Ever since we had a hurricane a while back, everyone thinks they are an arborist because they own a chainsaw (kinda sad for the trees actually). I will take your advice though and try to get someone to climb with.

Hey there, Cntrybo2. Your forestry management background will be of help. Between that, and your desire to advance your knowledge, you'll outpace the hacks and carve yourself a niche.

Welcome to the site.

lesson #1

Ok guys, i am new to the arborculture side of trees. i have an extensive forest managment background and am just starting to get into arborculture and tree climbing. i am getting ready to buy a Double rope climbing kit from New Tribe. i know this is kinda of a rec setup but i think it will work for my application. i am looking for a good way to learn to climb either by instruction or DVD system. if any of you get my drift on this and have any great words of wisdom and some grey hairs of guidance it would be greatly appreciated.

ARBORICULTURE!

welcome to the site.

Arboriculture...As long as you can correctly spell:
Genus,species, identification correctly...the rest as long as we know what you are saying....LOL.
All the Best

Last edited:
Find reputable tree company, even if it means moving. Don't waste your time working for hackers, you'll learn nothing except of bad work habits. And read A LOT (starting with The Tree Climber's Companion ). Good luck. ps. skip page 79, sheet bend shown there doesn't work.

Latest posts

Back