Impossible to login without disabling javascript F U LINKBUCK

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Craz z

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Hacked arboristsite redirects without disabling javascript. PLEASE FIX ASAP. LINKBUCK CAN SUCK IT! I luv Arboristsite and linkbuck has comprimised the site kill them off. IF YOU CAN'T LOGIN DISABLE JAVASCRIPT

Hacked arboristsite redirects without disabling javascript. PLEASE FIX ASAP. LINKBUCK CAN SUCK IT! I luv Arboristsite and linkbuck has comprimised the site kill them off. IF YOU CAN'T LOGIN DISABLE JAVASCRIPT

Please give this 'puter handicapped guy instructions on how to do it.

I'm sure there are others that wouild also appreciate it.

Harry K

Please give this 'puter handicapped guy instructions on how to do it.

I'm sure there are others that wouild also appreciate it.

Harry K

Run firefox browser with the noscript "add-on". The default is no javascript allowed once installed. Then you can "allow" or whitelist on a case by case, domain by domain basis. Info has been posted on any number of the other "hacked" threads running on the different forums. But basically, what I just said is the easiest way to do it.

There must be a dozen threads running now on this hack deal and how to deal with it. I have been doing my best to help people here and there with it.

I have yet to see any linkbucks crap. I just slap am real real real picky on allowing javascript on the internet. I lose some site functionality, but I never trusted the site to not get hosed. Took me being here almost three years, but yep, it happened. I even commented before a few times about it that I thought the site was pretty vulnerable.

Now, what is worse, people who have allowed javascript for a long time all over the net...chances are high your personal computer is hosed as well, or it could have been, or will be sometime. There are various "drive by" exploits out there that the malware guys use.

And unless you are a power user and keep track..you wouldn't know it! There are millions of "zombie" computers out there, computers that have been exploited and taken over, and the owners don't know it. They get used for such things as email spam, denial of service attacks, etc. Persistant high speed net connections like cable or DSL have made home computers good targets. It happens in the background, unnoticed. The bad guys don't necessarily want your info (although there are exploits that grab passwords, etc), they just want the machine and bandwith to use for other reasons.

Mozilla Firefox Web Browser ? Free Download ? mozilla.org

https://addons.mozilla.org/En-us/firefox/addon/noscript/

Pleeeeeeeeease fix this! It's been a week at least. What a pain to have to disable javascript every time I want to visit arboristsite, then re-enable it to visit any other website. Incidentally, with javascript disabled, no ads are visible on this site.

Use Firefox To Visit This Site

If you are still having problems with those ads it could be the browser you are using.
I use Firefox for a couple of sites - this one is one when we were having the problem with that Links whatever it calls itself.

To solve my problem here I used Firefox, with yahoo as my home page, and downloaded no script. I have my cookies enabled and do not have to log in each time I come to the site.

By the way I am using Internet Explorer, Yahoo Home Page right now and had no problem with that Links advertisement.

Nosmo

Run firefox browser with the noscript "add-on". The default is no javascript allowed once installed. Then you can "allow" or whitelist on a case by case, domain by domain basis. Info has been posted on any number of the other "hacked" threads running on the different forums. But basically, what I just said is the easiest way to do it.

There must be a dozen threads running now on this hack deal and how to deal with it. I have been doing my best to help people here and there with it.

I have yet to see any linkbucks crap. I just slap am real real real picky on allowing javascript on the internet. I lose some site functionality, but I never trusted the site to not get hosed. Took me being here almost three years, but yep, it happened. I even commented before a few times about it that I thought the site was pretty vulnerable.

Now, what is worse, people who have allowed javascript for a long time all over the net...chances are high your personal computer is hosed as well, or it could have been, or will be sometime. There are various "drive by" exploits out there that the malware guys use.

And unless you are a power user and keep track..you wouldn't know it! There are millions of "zombie" computers out there, computers that have been exploited and taken over, and the owners don't know it. They get used for such things as email spam, denial of service attacks, etc. Persistant high speed net connections like cable or DSL have made home computers good targets. It happens in the background, unnoticed. The bad guys don't necessarily want your info (although there are exploits that grab passwords, etc), they just want the machine and bandwith to use for other reasons.

Mozilla Firefox Web Browser ? Free Download ? mozilla.org

https://addons.mozilla.org/En-us/firefox/addon/noscript/

Thanks. I gave up reading most of thost threads as it was just the same old, same old mostly.

I think my 'puter is going to go to the guru for an indepth workup. I have suspected for a long time that there is stuff running when it shouldn't be.

Harry K

Back