In need of advice on a problem that I can't find a solution to....

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sam Prinzi

Reaction score
So I have this beautiful, 150 year old copper beech tree out in my yard. It was in good condition, but the other day some kid was stabbing it with a knife or something. I don't know. What I do know is now I have 30-40 small, 1-2 inch holes and cuts in the bark that stand out quite obviously. Can you guys help me to find a solution to this? Maybe there is a way I can fill up the holes so that they're almost unnoticeable, but in a way it doesn't harm the tree? I mean the trunk isn't flawless, it has scratches and other blemishes. But I just really want to fill these up so there isn't a bright red/tan color contrast in the middle of gray. Thanks.

I agree with Zale, I wouldn't do anything to it or you could make it worse. Maybe you could hang a birdhouse or something over it or a birdhouse on a stand in front of it.

Any areas of torn and loose bark, take an exacto blade and cut away. Then watch and hope for the best. Water a bit extra. Apply bear spray directly to perpetrators face.

Latest posts

Back