in other news, 201T's still suck balls.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

imagineero

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Was out at a training course today and they had all their 200T's replaced with 201T's. Spent the whole day in the tree with one, and didn't like it at all. I dont think the full chisel chain helps the cause, but it was just plain bad on throttle response, slow to spool up and didn't rev hard or have as much power as a 200T.

Oh, wait... what I meant to say was... 201T's are so awesome, all you guys who bought up pallet loads of 200T's in a hurry before the rest of us could get one made a big mistake. You really ought to dump them quick while you still can, before they totally lose all value. I'll take a few off your hands for a good price :)

Shaun

Oh no you don't... Just because Elvis has left the building is no reason to think you can just slide some fat slob in a jumpsuit up on the stage and expect him to rock :rock:

Shaun

I saw one at a JD dealer last weekend. It was $599 USD. They also had the 201 on the next shelf up. They didn't have a price on it.

This was the first time I have stopped at this JD dealer since they started carrying Stihl. I pass them everytime I go to my farm, but I just haven't needed them. The funny thing was that they had the 200, 201, 261, and 460 ($999 w/ 28"), as well as the usual homeowner selection. The Stihl saw shop that is about 20 miles away only carries usual homeowner 170/181/311/271/291's. If you want a pro saw you have to order it.

Give me an hour, or less, with your 201, and it will out perform your 200. Seriously.

I know Brad... I read the thread and saw the vids. I'm sure I'll take you up on that offer when there are no 200T's left in the world. I haven't got a 201, it was the trainers saw. Still got a couple 200T's left and hoping to get a couple more :)

On the other hand, what could you turn the 200T into with an hour?

Shaun

I saw one at a JD dealer last weekend. It was $599 USD. They also had the 201 on the next shelf up. They didn't have a price on it.

This was the first time I have stopped at this JD dealer since they started carrying Stihl. I pass them everytime I go to my farm, but I just haven't needed them. The funny thing was that they had the 200, 201, 261, and 460 ($999 w/ 28"), as well as the usual homeowner selection. The Stihl saw shop that is about 20 miles away only carries usual homeowner 170/181/311/271/291's. If you want a pro saw you have to order it.

The three Stihl dealers I've been in around here are the same, no pro saws. Come to think of it, the Husky dealer didn't have any pro saws either, had to order my 346XP and a week later had to order one for my son, do the dealers have to tie up their money when they stock or do they pay when they sell?

Take Brad up for sure. I thought I was going to hate the 201 but after opening up the muffler and retuning it, it became a totally different saw. Great throttle response and up on power. I didn't tweak the timing either. Like most of the new design saws they take a bunch of takes to break in well. I am thinking a dozen or so.

Hey Brad, how big was that hole drilled in that 201t muffler in the video? My 201t is broke in now its time to turn it loose.

the real question is why isn't the t540xp on the market in North America yet?

After seeing how well they did with the 562 family I have high hopes for it.

But, I also have enough 200T's plus parts to last my lifetime so I don't worry a whole bunch about these things :)

helping the MS201

I have the MS201C-E & a J'red2135T(late model with 39cc-same as 2139T). At first the 2135 cut circles around the 201 which behaved exactly the same as Brad Snelling described in his thread, "MS201T the truth inside". After 2-3tanks it was improved but still loaded up sometimes & died & had a mediocre throttle response. I pulled the carb & drilled out the limiting pin with a 3/32 cobalt bit which spun it out easily after being inserted about 2mm. This eliminates the limited travel of the H needle. There is no need to use a drywall screw to pull the alloy jacket off the needle. There is no internal rib in the alloy sleeve as in the MS261. Once the pin is out you have full adjustment of the H needle. Following the "Snelling prescription", I did the muffler mod. The 3/8 drill is the perfect size. The difference was remarkable! Throttle response is great; it practically jumps off of your trigger finger now. I have not tweaked the timing. It now has 12 tanks through it & is fun to use. The 2135T just went on CL! My only issue now is with the limited coil. I keep hoping someone might take a 201 coil & see if it bolts up & works on a "sacrificial" 200. I don't think you would want to do it the other way around & risk the guts of a new 201. I hate to see a tach bouncing around & not knowing exactly where I'm at. I also like to hear the cut in the wood change to the growl when you release the pressure to check the tune.

The three Stihl dealers I've been in around here are the same, no pro saws. Come to think of it, the Husky dealer didn't have any pro saws either, had to order my 346XP and a week later had to order one for my son, do the dealers have to tie up their money when they stock or do they pay when they sell?

The Stihl dealer here stated they had to pay for their saws up front. Since the pro saws didn't sell as well,they just ordered them when someone wanted one. Took about a week. They do usually keep a MS362 but nothing else in the pro selection.

It's not fair to get on these guys for not stocking pro saws. Most dealers will stock what sells, and many of them really don't have enough of a pro business to justify putting pro models on the shelf. I know other dealers that are mostly homeowner oriented, so that's what they stock. When I tell them my two best sellers are the 346 and 372, they just shake their heads.

It's not fair to get on these guys for not stocking pro saws. Most dealers will stock what sells, and many of them really don't have enough of a pro business to justify putting pro models on the shelf. I know other dealers that are mostly homeowner oriented, so that's what they stock. When I tell them my two best sellers are the 346 and 372, they just shake their heads.

Spike...

Real pros like to hang around "real pros"....thats why you sell more 346's and 372's...

(I notice you didn't add 338's to that list ??? hehe)

Latest posts

Back