In search of an Improved Grip

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gary N Carter

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Hey Guys, I have several 300 series Husky saws and the fuel tank handles have always felt somewhat slick. I thought you might want to know that the gray friction insert from a 385xp will fit several of the 200 series saws. To improve the grip on the balance of my 300 series saws I cut self adhesive stair tread material (from slowes) in the same shape as the 385 and applied them to the fuel tank handle. Now I can relax my grip somewhat and cut longer. It works for me. Thought I would let you in on it.
Gary

Got a pic? Sounds like a good idea. I now own four 372's and may want to do something like that if it actually helps and doesn't look too cheesy.

Ha! I was going to start a thread on this very topic.

The handlebar on my 925 was covered in oil and split about half way up from the bottom, it did everything but stay in one place when cutting.

Ive tried electrical tape before and found that after contact with gas/oil it gets all goey and slick. When I mentioned this to some of the guys I work with one of the electritions mentioned "Splice sealing tape". Its for splicing wiring together in poor (wet) conditions.

This tape kinda self vulcanizez to its self and forms one solid piece of rubber after 24-72 hrs. Its also about 10x thicker than regular electrical tape so it gives a beefy look and feel to the handles. :hmm3grin2orange:

I think its made by 3m, but Ill try to find out the exact product name if anyone is interested. I ordered it from msc.

Latest posts

Back