In the post today...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I always opt for express post here in Australia, otherwise it’s 16 days. Express is about 2-3 :)
Right now in Canada all mail no matter what level of performance one paid for is basically at a stop or the slowest crawl a frozen snail can attain....LOL

I have had something sitting at the Milwaukee post office since Nov 23. The vendor was prompt getting it to the postal depot; USPS has failed miserably. The package is probably lost at this point. I have no idea. I will pursue the matter after new year's.

I have a saw coming from Canada, that has been at JFK airport since the 16th according to Canada post. USPS still says it's in transit in Montreal. Hope customs didn't smell gas or something...getting worried.
Last saw I got from canada took 2 full weeks to clear customs.
Very nice!! What needs replacing?
Just a seat hinge pin and the oil pressure sender, and got a spare fan belt to make the shipping worth wile. She still runs very well for being an 80s tractor. Not big, but very tough and sips fuel.

What chainsaw, parts or tools arrived in the post today for you that you’ve been waiting for?
I got a package of six upstart 78dl .325 semi chisel chains. They were a surprise.

I ordered these on Dec 4 but got six 72 dl 3/8 chains and have been fully refunded and no shipping label to send them back. This is Walmart.com.
Actually I bought one Stihl 23rs to compare for more than half the cost of a six pack of upstart so was a bit frustrated a while back. Looks like a Stihl copy on the drive links and perhaps a copy of Oregon on the top but certainly an Oregon copy on the labeling.

Attachments

• xmas present from Walmart.jpg
    xmas present from Walmart.jpg
    197.4 KB · Views: 11
  • stihl 23rs on bottom upstart H on top.jpg
    stihl 23rs on bottom upstart H on top.jpg
    664.5 KB · Views: 10
I got a package of six upstart 78dl .325 semi chisel chains. They were a surprise.

I ordered these on Dec 4 but got six 72 dl 3/8 chains and have been fully refunded and no shipping label to send them back. This is Walmart.com.
Actually I bought one Stihl 23rs to compare for more than half the cost of a six pack of upstart so was a bit frustrated a while back. Looks like a Stihl copy on the drive links and perhaps a copy of Oregon on the top but certainly an Oregon copy on the labeling.
How do they last?

How do they last?
The thread here is what showed up in the mailbox today, Australia style. Pictures to show it really happened. They will last indefinitely if I don't use them. It is not a repeat order. I probably will get some of the Oregon M20bpx as well and perhaps can comment in half a year or so. You can search out upstart and see one user here is pleased.

The thread here is what showed up in the mailbox Australia style. They will last indefinitely if I don't use them. It is not a repeat order. I probably will get some of the Oregon M20bpx as well and perhaps can comment in half a year or so. You can search out upstart and see one user here is pleased.
For that price and delivered, the bit of work to fix the rounded drivelinks with a triangle or square file that size might make it worth it. Not sure you could get a grinder in the right position?

As a grub, definitely worth it.

The world has gone backwards.
Lets play remember when.
The year is 1926 the village is Kashabowie Ontario Canada my home village located 65 miles west of Port Arthur CN rail acsess only.You live in Toronto On roughly 1000 miles away you drop a letter to me at the post office it is sorted on the mail train on its way to the west via Port Arthur the train travels overnight and arrives in Port Arthur the next day the mail for Kashabowie is put on the evening train west your mail bag is picked up that night by the Kashabowie post master .The next morn ing your letter is handed to you.3 days max.Now the mail from Thunder bay which used to be Port Arthur and Fort William is sent to Winnipeg Manitoba and sorted and sent back to ThunderBay ..Winnipeg is 450 miles away.
If you needed your 1925 Johnson outboard fixed you put it on the train sent Superior Motors a Telegram and it would be repaired and sent back to you.
Imagine you could book a trip around the world by telling the railroad station agent where you wanted to go all done by telegraph.
People sent telegrams and then a Canadian man Alexander Bell invented the telephone and asked people what they prefered everyone was in full agreement talking to the person was wonderful no more telegrams .
Funny all you see nowadays is people hunched over staring at a little cube and sending telegrams.
I call it the electronic leash.
Any way in a lot of ways the good old days were the bad old days
On that note I wish all of you and your families a very Merry Chrismass and hope the coming year is kind and good for you.
Kash

Back