Increase oiler output???

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wdchuck

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Hey guys, we are all able to make more power, cut faster and empty the gas tank faster on our saws, but what about getting it to put more oil out.

When I run the 460 with a 32"bar, it oils just enough for bucking cuts, but when I put it in the mill, it's on the hairy edge, maybe a little dry, seems to do the same with the 24" bar as well. The adjustable oiler has been on max all this time, anyway to increase its output a little more?

Thanks.

If you have a standard wrap 460, you can fit a new pump piston/control screw to increase the output to the same as a full wrap. However, for a mill it probably won't be enough in big wood.... Check you my old thread on upgrading the 066 oiler - it's exactly the same process.

An aux oiler mounted at the tip is usually required to get oil back to the bottom of the bar...

Milling is tough on everything...

Thanks, been reading, and have one question so far, once this HO oiler setup is on the saw, is there any issue with over-oiling when running a 16"-20" bar during regular use, or does the adjusting screw take care of that just fine?

Thanks again.

If you have a standard wrap 460, you can fit a new pump piston/control screw to increase the output to the same as a full wrap. However, for a mill it probably won't be enough in big wood.... Check you my old thread on upgrading the 066 oiler - it's exactly the same process.

An aux oiler mounted at the tip is usually required to get oil back to the bottom of the bar...

Milling is tough on everything...

Does the H.O. control bolt and pump piston from the 660, 1128 647 4802 and 1122 647 0602 fit the 460 pump housing? or is it a different P/N?

/klas

After more reading, thinking, and more reading, the auxiliary oilers that some guys have made up, pressurized and all, sure seem like the sensible way to go here.

Thanks for help Andy.

Does the H.O. control bolt and pump piston from the 660, 1128 647 4802 and 1122 647 0602 fit the 460 pump housing? or is it a different P/N?

/klas

Nope...
You'll need the 1128 647 0602 piston, and 1128 647 4803 control bolt. This give 7cc more per minute at full. The low end is the same as the standard pump.

Back