Indoor Hot Water Wood Furnace

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rubicon1

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hey everybody!!

Had a few questions I thought maybe you experts could help with. I have been able to get a woodstove from a buddy that he had in his basement that they used to heat their house with. It has a copper coil of 1" pipe in the top that would then be pumped up to their radiant baseboard heat. I was wondering if you guys thought I could put this in a shed outside of my house and run it to my infloor radiant heat that I put in a slab of concrete. I don't see why this wouldn't work but thought maybe some of you had an opinion. Also, do you think that if the floor didn't require any heat for a while that I could possibly have a boil over situation?? I think the only way to hook this up would be in a pressurized system?

Thanks ahead of time for all the replies!!!

Luke

Hello, I have a owb that is a non pressurised system, i think you might be able to use the stove if it had some sort of damper on it to control the temp of the water. I would be causious of a pressurised system, due to the risk of explosion. but if it were a pressurised system you might talk to a local plumer who might be able to answer your q's about the pressureised system.
Also if you had a way of thermostaticly controling the pump, that might work for you.

Husky,

I noticed your in central illinois!! Where about?? I am in Effingham to be exact, maybe we have crossed paths!

Luke

Back