Indoor Wood Boiler?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Any one have one. What brand, what size building are u heating? How much wood do uuse ?

Thanks.

I do. I have a Biomass 40. I like it very much, but it almost requires dry wood. I bought it from Zenon at New Horizon. He is very helpful with details, sizing, etc. Google wood heating forum and you'll find a lot of reading!

Good luck,

Bill

I've got an indoor gassification boiler. (Biomass 60 by new horizon)

I use about 10 cords of mostly pine to heat 3500 square feet. With no oil used. Been very happy with the boiler.

Alternate Heating Systems

Got an AHS WC-70. Burns wood or coal. 1st season this year heating 3600 sqft + domestic hot water. Burned about 5cords since Jan 1st. They also make the "WoodGun" gasser.

I did some web searching. Some of them are pretty Heavy, which is probably good. . I'm hoping to to find a dealer up here. Anchorage, Fairbanks or Whitehorse. As long asNAFTA works to my benefit. Shipping would be a deal breaker from the lower 48 .

How much electric do your circ pumps draw?

Read up on gassification boilers with storage. My experience has been they are as good or better then the hype. Not many things I would say that about.

With a proper design you can have very low electrical consumption, look at the alpha or bumblebee pumps. In my case I have storage on the opposite end of the house and needed to move 20gpm at 9' of head so the main pump is a 26-64 to charge storage, along with a 007 to move heat into the zones. Electrical consumption was not a huge concern for me as I am on the grid.

The 26-64 draws 1.7 amps, but it only runs for 5-8 hours a day.

I have a Garn 2000 it holds 2000 gallons of water. I am heating a 3,500 three story house and a 30 by 60 shop with floor heat. I burn between 6 to 10 cords of hedge wood. It depends on what kind of winter we have.

60 below!!! I am wussed out just contemplating that..been out working at 30 something below before (like 40 years ago...), thats it, cold enough for me...

good luck with your project! If I lived up there, I would want, say, a 300 cord stash....

Those temps make for a small margin of error before things freeze and break if (when) there's a Murphy.

Back