Info on new lo-pro greenteeth system

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can't even find a pic of the yellow jacket anywhere's. Spoke to dealer for Sandvic and it's $1995 for set up for 1672 rayco. I was expecting 2 grand so. Or stay with rayco super teeth and buy a complete set of teeth for 400. I don't do much grinding so I am leaning toward the rayco's.

I've been using the Sandvic system for about 5 years and I think it is bullet proof. The cutters are strong and last a long time. No other system comes close to the Sandvic system. IMO

:agree2: pretty much bullett proof.

Stevo

Send an email to New River Construction. They are the dealers for Sandvic in North America. They would know who the dealer is down under if there is one. At least they should be able to ship them to you. They are a sponsor on this site and have their logo at the top of the page. I know their are people using it in New Zeland so there is somebody dealing out your way.

I can't even find a pic of the yellow jacket anywhere's. Spoke to dealer for Sandvic and it's $1995 for set up for 1672 rayco. I was expecting 2 grand so. Or stay with rayco super teeth and buy a complete set of teeth for 400. I don't do much grinding so I am leaning toward the rayco's.

The greenteeth aren't that bad on a low horse unit. I'm not familiar with the 1672 but it looks like it's smaller than 35 horse? They do dull quickly if in really rocky ground as others said but I don't think they dull that much quicker than anything else on the market would. The great feature about greenteeth is the ability to rotate every tooth to a new edge in a few minutes. Even changing teeth is a breeze and a half. I spent about $350 a year ago for a greenteeth set up as well as extra bolts, pockets and teeth for my Vermeer 630B and have easily made 10 G with it since then. In that time I broke one pocket and am just now ready to place an order for more teeth.

Curbside,
thanks for the information, that is who I have contacted & been given a price but 3 days later still no information as to who sells the set up here. I would love for someone who has been using say the green teeth ( or vermeer yellow jackets) & gone to the sandvik design to comment on improvement in the cutting ability of the system.

The greenteeth aren't that bad on a low horse unit. I'm not familiar with the 1672 but it looks like it's smaller than 35 horse? They do dull quickly if in really rocky ground as others said but I don't think they dull that much quicker than anything else on the market would. The great feature about greenteeth is the ability to rotate every tooth to a new edge in a few minutes. Even changing teeth is a breeze and a half. I spent about $350 a year ago for a greenteeth set up as well as extra bolts, pockets and teeth for my Vermeer 630B and have easily made 10 G with it since then. In that time I broke one pocket and am just now ready to place an order for more teeth.

Do you find that the green teeth throw the chips more? the 1672 has a 72 horse deutz so even when the teeth are dull the thing stills cuts. not good but..

Stevo,

Search the Site, lots of comparisons already in the last year or two on Sandvic and observations from users.

I run the 252 and switched to Sandvik two and a half years ago. Love the cutting ability, tooth longevity, ease of changing out, resistance to chipping or breaking of carbide. That said, as most threads will reveal, the only down side I see is wheel wear, it apparently can't be helped. I'm on my second wheel, the newer REVOLUTION design, got about 800 hours on it and it is showing some pretty good wear on the weld-in pockets for the leading teeth. I got 1200 hours on my first wheel, probably should have replaced it at 1000. Anyway, that's my only complaint.

I'm outfitting another 252 with the 35hp Vanguard engine and associated upgrades and will be trying the Multi-Tip wheel. I haven't seen one in action but some on this site are thrilled with them, both performance and longevity. The investment isn't nearly a Sandvik ($1100), about $525 for complete wheel setup. I'm game to trying new things if they can pay off in long or short term since stump grinding is my only business and I put on about 700 hours per year on the 252.

Stumper63

Do you find that the green teeth throw the chips more? the 1672 has a 72 horse deutz so even when the teeth are dull the thing stills cuts. not good but..

Not that I've noticed with my unit. With that much horse though I wouldn't recommend greenteeth just from some of the other info I've read on this site. Go with sandvik.

Back