Input on ms 650 magnum

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kyle.kipple

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Did a little research on this but cannot find much info on them. What i did find out is that most doesnt like them and they are a "More affordable" than the 64,66. I have a chance to buy one, well used missing the badge 20 in b/c .3/8 needs a new muffler other than that runs great idles cuts,starts fine. he wants 250.00 for it. Anyone chime in on these saws?

Near impossible to go wrong at that price, snatch it up. If it doesn't live up to what you want, toss it on the AS classifieds.

I ran one for a year or two with a 25" b/c, I liked it, ran great and obviously would pull that bar buried in any wood I gave it. I had it due to a great deal as well. As far as weight to power, never ran a 64 or 660, so no comparison from me.

How can you tell the differance between 64-650-66? i know the 650 is a 52mm and the 66 a 54mm? (i think thats right) but since the badge is gone and me just taking his word. they look so simaliar in pictures to where i cannot tell the difference. It does have flippy caps and clear gas tank.

You just lowered worth price. It's not a 650 for sure. Flippy caps. Better make sure what it is. Pic? I have passed on like new 440 for $200 because I didnt want to drive 45min to hour one way. Still a great deal, just my time is worth more to me.

How can you tell the differance between 64-650-66? i know the 650 is a 52mm and the 66 a 54mm? (i think thats right) but since the badge is gone and me just taking his word. they look so simaliar in pictures to where i cannot tell the difference. It does have flippy caps and clear gas tank.
It must be like the other thread going now. Seller says PRO saw, buyer gets a homo saw. "MS 65cc 390"

Check it out any way for that price. If its a 440/460 it's still worth that.

Heck ya if local for sure. Heck if local I would look at a 360 361 close and offer little lower though. Even though worth that.
440 460 to me is only worth 400 for flipping. Thats what I would sale them for.

I would inform the owner that the saw isn't what he/she thinks it is. Next, find out what the saw is. If you have pics it should be fairly easy. If not, get a couple part numbers from the saw. Inside the plastics, etc. The first four numbers identify the series of saw. ie, 1127 is a series of saws that includes the 029, MS290, MS320, MS390, 039, 029 Super, etc. However if it was an 026, 128, 036, 044, 046, MS460 etc it would have different numbers.

The fact that it has flippies indicate it is the newer MS series. The MS660 (and I presume the MS650) did not get blessed with flippies which indicates it is something else. Since it isn't what they said, there's no telling what it is so no "assumptions" going forward.

1128 would be a good start on the numbers. If nothing else get pictures and we'll identify it for you.

I've seen pictures on Google images with 650 with flippys. I'll try and get some pictures in a few days. It has a decomp and says magnum. Has hd2 filter on it. And I believe just one dawg not dual.

Sent from my SCH-I200 using Tapatalk

I've seen pictures on Google images with 650 with flippys. I'll try and get some pictures in a few days. It has a decomp and says magnum. Has hd2 filter on it. And I believe just one dawg not dual.

Sent from my SCH-I200 using Tapatalk
My 650 has screw caps. I have never seen a 650/660 with flippy caps.

Back