Inside the 372XP X-TORQ

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How does it compare to the 441? With the limited amount of run time.:D

It's hard to say without running them side by side. At 48 seconds in, the 441 is cutting in a different piece from the same tree. The 441 is wearing a 28" whereas the 372 a 24".

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/chAy9EkbeVQ?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/chAy9EkbeVQ?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

I like how brad stops cutting part way through the log to make sure it's still 4 stroken under no load, This is a very good way to tune, as the saw is usually running "cleaned out" after a few seconds of full throttle under load. Way to go brad:bowdown:

Yours isn't the only one. Everyone wants a saw all of the sudden. I can't let them get backed up. But I've never been one to keep someone's saw for any length of time. I like to get them done and back to their owner. I know how I'd be if it weremy saw.

No doubt, you do a great job turning them around quickly! I was surprised how quickly you got mine, got it ported, then got it into my hands.:D

I went looking for the 261 Blsnelling mentioned but cant find it..
link ??

And now for the good news. The saw was holding 11,500 in the cut, with the bar buried in hard Pin Oak.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/eiQLdfFSl20?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/eiQLdfFSl20?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Dangit man, that makes me want one! That saw was cutting strong!

Hate the port job didn't work out exactly right. Like you said, I guess it is bound to happen, especially on a new saw.

Good thread Brad I almost pulled the trigger on a 2172 today but the dealer wouldnt budge from sticker, so this thread came at a great time for me. It takes a lot of time to take and post and upload all those pics so thanks. I find it interesting to see what the build quality is on a brand new model of a new saw from the factory.

Keep up the good work

why oh why are you experimenting with customers saws?

you gonna tip that saw upside down and shake the pieces out like usual?

yeah,thats what i thought....turn it upside down and try to flush the small peices out and call it good......on a brand new saw.....OH WAIT! its not new anymore....its used and been trashed once! but youll grind up the port where the ring caught it and tell the customer that part of the port needed to go any way?

I dont want to give you too much credit,but your kinda like the SHAM-WOW guy.

Were you born that big of an azzhole or did it take years of work and study like getting a masters degree???
If Brad has actually done something to you why don't you work it out in P.M.s like a man instead of leaving your little dog droppings of (half) wit in an otherwise great thread?
Is it because you are jealous that he has a talent and skills that you don't possess?
Is your self esteem so low that you can only elevate yourself by deriding someone who tries to help people and share his knowledge?
You may think it makes you look "cute" but in actuality the exact opposite is true. Unless of course you think what a Dachshund drags through the snow is "cute"!
Don't go away mad.............just go away!!!
Some of us really like to follow Brad's threads and respect him for not covering up his mistakes.
I wonder if you would have been as honest???

Mike

Were you born that big of an azzhole or did it take years of work and study like getting a masters degree???
If Brad has actually done something to you why don't you work it out in P.M.s like a man instead of leaving your little dog droppings of (half) wit in an otherwise great thread?
Is it because you are jealous that he has a talent and skills that you don't possess?
Is your self esteem so low that you can only elevate yourself by deriding someone who tries to help people and share his knowledge?
You may think it makes you look "cute" but in actuality the exact opposite is true. Unless of course you think what a Dachshund drags through the snow is "cute"!
Some of us really like to follow Brad's threads and respect him for not covering up his mistakes.

Mike

:agree2::agree2::agree2::yourock:

Mike

THANK YOU!!!!

Let me add something. HARRYBARKER, are you and STIHLTHEDEERE the same guy? If not, you must be brothers or something. You both have so much in common. You both troll threads, spread negativity, and are both generally dumbarses. You both must be about the same age (12).

I vote ban both of them. I'm tired of the same ole crap from both of them, whether they're the same guy or whatever.

So do you have a plan with this saw? Or is this a R&D project? (Hope fully not customer funded!) Interesting stuff. Thank you for posting these!

I guess R&D! The good news is even if this was a total worst case scenario, a new saw doesn't break the bank! Hopefully folks like your self have the resources to make the customer whole while doing these type of mods, sort of an insurance plan and excellent business practice...the price of risk of such work! Be nice to give the customer a new saw until the true R&D is actually done & tested for some level of reliability...and he's not out a thing...and then consider the R&D as an investment so you can get a reliable and repeatable build that now can be marketed...

NOT being a expert of any kind! I think I would have gone with the standard porting with the "non strato" build to see whats available in that modification alone! The increase in flow capability has to make a difference....then go for the porting internally. (If someone wants to be the funding this with the aproach that the money or saws are true investments..with all the risks implied...so be it! But its a tough deal to make a habit of selling a service and then effectively doing the R&Don a customer saw, especially if they need it to make a living!)

Seen this before in the motorcycle world back in the late 1970's early 1980's! Took companies like 'Pro Circuit" to force the after market business into a level of professionalism that takes the risk away from the customer and provide repeatable and predictable performance gains from a marketed modification (Such as cam or cylinder head mods, and now those LA Sleeve type big bore kits pioneered by Powroll). Race research & reliability testing happens way before a customer sends an order.

Sorry guys, but sort of expected this, its a statistics game; and may this be a lesson to all involved!..still really cool to see the innovation as well as the pictures..no pain no gain! I guess having said all that, two consenting adults can do what they please, and we are all better for it here as Brad has enlightened many and those pictures are really cool!

Last edited:
It lives again! Stronger than before! It's headed to the PO right now and will be in CT tomorrow. Thanks for bearing with me Paul. You've been awesome to work with! Despite the challenges, we still met your deadline:clap:

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Bd7qd7BE5O8?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Bd7qd7BE5O8?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Back