Inside the Husqvarna 555

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Alright that sounds good. I took a couple videos on my phone and it was as good as my video camera.

All my latest vids have been with the droid phone. They are getting better and the file size is manageable. Being on satellite internet now, my upload speed stinks.

TK, I have fallin off the wagon lately with the chaps. Really need to get into that groove again.

2156 .22 .20 .21 ish

555 .24 .24 .24 ish

The 2156 skoots:msp_thumbup:

For anyone interested I met with with the Poduct Manager from Charlotte Tuesday, I asked about a full wrap version of the 562, well he called me yesterday and they are working on a full wrap version of the 562. He said he will send me the product# and price as soon as they get the package together. BTW we ran both the 555 and 562 and the 562 kicked ass, even beating a Stihl 391 and 362, thee are going to be a great replacement saws for the 359 and 357.

For anyone interested I met with with the Poduct Manager from Charlotte Tuesday, I asked about a full wrap version of the 562, well he called me yesterday and they are working on a full wrap version of the 562. He said he will send me the product# and price as soon as they get the package together. BTW we ran both the 555 and 562 and the 562 kicked ass, even beating a Stihl 391 and 362, thee are going to be a great replacement saws for the 359 and 357.

If they waited for the full wrap model before they released the standard, I'm sure there would have been mutiny! :laugh:

Little update. Close to a tank was run through the saw at the GTG this weekend. Comments by members were positive with most commenting on how smooth it runs. After yesterday I have more than ten tanks through it without issue.

OK brass tax.....my dislikes are few but there are two. First, the decomp blows off every pull. This is not a big deal but when you are expecting it to work it catches you by surprise. Of course I'm man enough to start a 50cc saw without but I hate replacing recoil parts, ropes ect. Second, I miss the small flat head screw driver poking me through my pocket material. Just doesn't feel the same not having to adjust the carb with fall temp changes. There my rant is over! Ready for the whooping

What I don't like is how smooth it is. I've never run an electric chainsaw but I can't imagine there is much difference.

And I'm not sure I like the idea of running something that smooth. It just seems, well, unmanly. :hmm3grin2orange:

did you video any of this, as i would like to see how bad the 562 tears up the 362?

What is your experience so far with bucking 6-8" logs on the ground, if you've done that yet? The usual for me with any other saw is keep squeezing the throttle wide open, let off, wide open, let off, etc. Well I just can't do that with the 562, it only needs maybe half throttle pulses or else it seems to be overkill. It revs almost like a no load wide open scenario. I would imagine that may be the revboost feature, but was wondering if it were the computer instead? Knowing that when you hit the throttle it wants to rev up so it does compensates to rev up quicker? It was tough to get used to, but I like it. It seems like a good fuel saver right there. I took down three trees, limbed, and bucked them up without needing to refuel. Granted they werent huge by any means, but there was a fair amount of cutting and it was nice not to have to stop.

So to make a long story short, I was wondering if the 555 was showing similarities to this?

I took down three trees, limbed, and bucked them up without needing to refuel. Granted they werent huge by any means, but there was a fair amount of cutting and it was nice not to have to stop.

So to make a long story short, I was wondering if the 555 was showing similarities to this?

Wow. Old saws I have can eat a tank of fuel in 20 minutes.

Husky state that the Revboost make the saw both rev up faster, and rev higher for a few seconds, on the Norwegian website.
The 555 lack the Revboost, so I suspect there will be a notisable difference between the xp versions and the 555.......

Wow. Old saws I have can eat a tank of fuel in 20 minutes.

I was rather impressed to say the least.

Husky state that the Revboost make the saw both rev up faster, and rev higher for a few seconds, on the Norwegian website.
The 555 lack the Revboost, so I suspect there will be a notisable difference between the xp versions and the 555.......

Ya I thought it might have been the revboost, but wasn't sure if it was an autotune feature.

The throttle response on this thing is wicked.

I've bucked and limbed several trees but the vids are so long it will have to wait til the weekend. So far couldn't be happier with the saw. Revs free and handles well. Obviously not as nimble as a 346 but fast enough for my needs.

Not the best video. My camera girl had math to finish. Fresh elm

[video=youtube_share;N1HfK8g7I4A]http://youtu.be/N1HfK8g7I4A[/video]

Finishing a pine this afternoon. Three videos and 3/4 tank of fuel. Camera angle isn't the greatest in the first one but the last two turned out great.

[video=youtube_share;7PpAOMb22Ro]http://youtu.be/7PpAOMb22Ro[/video]

[video=youtube_share;_MMsQMIM0L0]http://youtu.be/_MMsQMIM0L0[/video]

[video=youtube_share;vmrV2wJ0m5c]http://youtu.be/vmrV2wJ0m5c[/video]

And after all this cutting.

[video=youtube_share;hqSikMHK4IU]http://youtu.be/hqSikMHK4IU[/video]

Finishing a pine this afternoon. Three videos and 3/4 tank of fuel. Camera angle isn't the greatest in the first one but the last two turned out great.

And after all this cutting.

[video=youtube_share;hqSikMHK4IU]http://youtu.be/hqSikMHK4IU[/video]

Cool!

Latest posts

Back