Inside the MS241C

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Whats the price on the 241? I really want the ms150 but i like the looks of this saw toooooo.

Hey jeepyfz450, they should be available for us this week. I have info about them in my Stihl 2014 catalog thread. $549.99 with 16" bar. Where in upstate New York, are you from? Im outside of Albany.

Dang that is a little monster. Looking forward to see it in action.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Nice work Brad.......I do hate that you beat me to it though. :laugh:

Beat you to what? You guys use completely different methods to port saws. Brad does the pop-up piston method, and you do the cut squish cylinder method. I would imagine that your base and port grinds and timing are different as well. I also do not think that you do the StihlBilly muffler mod either, though I am particularly fond of them.

Pop-up or cut squish... the would be ported saw owner's choice here. Which is a good thing in what is left of the market economy in the US.

Well, I lost all those MS241 pictures when my computer crashed......you know what they say. Without pics it never happened.... :mad:

Yah know if the HD is still OK and the right type, you can buy an external HD caddy and pull the HD out of your old laptop and put it into the caddy and plug that into a computer port and run it as another drive. They are about $40 at BestBuy. I did that with my last laptop that died. The mother board went out, but the HD is still good. I have all my old posted AS and TW photos and saw manuals on there. This site is doomed for all the lost stuff that people like Lakeside posted. Photos are all gone now, making the threads pretty useless. I had a lot of stuff posted here, as well as TW which is defunct after Eric/Ekka was sued and pulled the plug on it.

At 14,000 RPM they will look smooth enough to shave in!

Then don't do it.
A guy has a right to spend his money improving the performance of his saw if he wants.
The factories always leave a little meat uncooked, next to the bone, Brad and the other "geniuses" just cook the rest of the meat the factory left behind.

I guess that is a correct statement, the proof is in the pudding.
I've seen these guys make some AMAZING differences in the way a saw performs.

Mike

Oh Kay.

Those "self threading" screws are thread forming and once they are tight, the seem to stay tight longer and without any locking agent than machine threads. I've haven't seen or heard of any problems with them.
i agree, but for that kind of coin one would think stihl would not cut any corners. i cannot believe this saw does not have a rim drive sprocket as well.

Latest posts

Back