Inside the MS241C

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Stihlman441

Stihlman441

Addicted to ArboristSite
Yes but as well as liming,trimming we cut the tops into lengths for what we call sawbend lengths being about 6 to 8 feet long to be cut on a sawbench at a latter date,so some of the cuts range up to about 8 to 10 inch size so thats wear the grunt of the ported 241 comes into its own.:)
So when your at this all day the light weight,nimble little saw is brilliant for this,261 doesn't get used much these days.
Another thing i like is you can put it down for afew minutes and fell afew more trees,pick it up and starts first pull every time.:clap:

ktoom

ktoom

ArboristSite Guru
Big thanks to Brad for hooking me up with the ms241. These little pro grade saws seem so interesting to me lolol. I can't wait to see what the 543xp will be like too. Its a shame none of the Redmax versions are not available here.

SCHallenger
Boooo E-start!

It's not needed, but what is wrong with it. I guess they must have figured that it was just a "little old ladies" saw. Not so! It is a very serious little slasher!
Sorry to be a little off topic, but I guess it is appropriate to talk about the 201 in comparrison to the 241.

blsnelling
They're $520 here. That's still a lot of dough for it, not to mention that a 261 is only $50 more. I think there needs to be more of a price difference for this saw to sell well. Even though we know the value of a lighter saw here, most people will opt for the bigger saw, IMHO. That's unfortunate, as this is a great little saw.