Installing Small Earless Piston Pin Circlips?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello,

I'm stumped and could use a little creativity or prior knowledge here. I am trying to install a new piston as shown in the attached photos. So far after messing with it and a pair of jewelers screwdrivers for about 45 minutes and chasing the clip around the garage floor a couple of times I am no closer to getting it installed. The only good news is that I still have both the new and old clips! I am beginning to learn why Stihl has a special tool for this... which I, unfortunately, don't have.

Tried some small sockets as pushers but the one that fits inside the pin bore allows the clip to ride up and over it while the next one up won't push the clip into the bore.

What am I missing?

Thanks,
Steve

View attachment 688805 View attachment 688806
Piston pin just push in or did you press it in. Reason I ask is that, that ring looks mighty big for that small pin.

Steve

Same only the right thumb for me, and I’ve lost more than one, lol! One of em I later found inside the crankcase, after searching for around 15 min.:cool:
I trap it under my thumb, no way it can get away, squeeze in the side that is riding high and press down, hear the click and know its in place. Small parts and fine motor movements /skills are my specialty.

Latest posts

Back