Insurance advice in bc

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1I'dJak

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
hey fellas, was wondering if anyone could shoot me some info regarding insurance here in bc....I'm moving to another burg...the tree work will be not quite so busy...until the snow out in the woods melt....I've recently started my own sole proprietorship here in bc....everntually like to contract my services out and do my own jobs...however not quite full time yet, as i will be working for someone (though will have some downtime)....I was wondering what type of insurance i need to be legit (ie personal/liability) and what's the deal with wcb for an owner operator with no employees...and then what happens if i contract out labour?
thanx

Jak you can get self coverage from WCB for yourself easy, call them up, they will send you the stuff you need. For employees you need a number, there is a little more to it. You cannot climb by yourself, against WCB rules and common sense. If you contract out labor, they have to be WCB covered, by themselves or you, very important. Liability, hmm, talk to any autoplan outfit they will give you some numbers for a insurance outfit.

yeah thanx on that one...don't climb by myself....always have someone keeping an eye...but it seems kinda hard to get a guy just here and there... just figured on hiring any free buddies or the little woman to drag brush on a daily green basis... watch it though...this might make me shady in the eyes of some

Back