Interesting find (Solo Multimot)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It was advertised in Popular Mechanics magazine in August 1987, so has to be at least that old. I seem to recall seeing it somewhere a couple of years earlier??? :msp_unsure:

Bugger.....I knew i should have driven home faster from work that day, i was planning on buying it myself. http://www.arboristsite.com/images/smilies/censored.gif

Yeah I saw that article in PM so it must be around 25 years old.

Nice find Rudolf, although I'm still not convinced it's not a kids toy chainsaw, was it from ebay or Toys "R" Us :hmm3grin2orange:

No, it's a serious chainsaw Gmax, especially with a huge 10" bar, gear reduction and auto oiler :laugh:

I also own a Solo multimot attached to a water pump. This engine is a very difficult starter. I think that's the reason why it never has been very popular.

Another one sold with i believe the full range of attachments on gumtree only a week or so ago, just before Christmas. Looked well used but the fella said it all worked with zero issues. Nice to see a few of these still kicking around. Was a interesting and well designed bit or gear or its day. :clap:

Oh yeah happy new year to all. Enjoy it .... i know i will be i'm off the clock for another week or so. Just hope that the phone don't ring and it's a job!! :givebeer:

I have recently acquired one of these solo multimots. Took a lot of research to find out what it was, nothing else for sale here in England, one hedgecutter attachment for sale in USA and a few spare parts for sale in Germany. Any idea what kinda price I should be looking for it? I got the engine with very little use. The leaf blower, chainsaw. Lawnmower and strimmer never been assembled and still in box. I have been looking to try and find the whole set before selling it on. But not found one yet

I have recently acquired one of these solo multimots. Took a lot of research to find out what it was, nothing else for sale here in England, one hedgecutter attachment for sale in USA and a few spare parts for sale in Germany. Any idea what kinda price I should be looking for it? I got the engine with very little use. The leaf blower, chainsaw. Lawnmower and strimmer never been assembled and still in box. I have been looking to try and find the whole set before selling it on. But not found one yet

Thats a nice find for sure. Putting a price on it though would be rather difficult. But I'm sure it's worth good money to the right collector.

Back