Interesting Saw for sale

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
sad part is the price is looking nice...for the seller. I just sold a completely rebuilt 026 Pro tonight, including new bearings, for 250$. I really didnt make much, the bearings killed the profit, but thats life...

Yeah and to add to the year misrepresentation.
1) He must have bought the metal tag somewhere and rivetted it onto that newer top cover. You'll never find a 26 pro with a metal tag.
2) He must have found a "Pro"sticker somewhere or had it made, and pasted it on there. It should be on the air filter cover.
3) He has an MS260 starter cover on the saw also.

1) He must have bought the metal tag somewhere and rivetted it onto that newer top cover. You'll never find a 26 pro with a metal tag.
2) He must have found a "Pro"sticker somewhere or had it made, and pasted it on there. It should be on the air filter cover.

Nice points. I never would have saw that! :cheers:

People will apparently pay a premium price for a Frankensaw with subpar compression......

Pulling a 20" bar with 3/8 pitch, I'm sure it is a "power house,"

more like a "Power Horse....":monkey:

Ya just gotta love the expression "like new". It can mean so much,,,and nothing at all.
It's not new,,,,but kinda 'like' it.

Thanks for the heads up on those differences from what that model should have.

I have no desire to purchase a chainsaw on eBay, but it is interesting to see the stuff people try to peddle there.

:givebeer:

I can't imagine how bad the 026 runs with the compression at 135psi. Mine pumped 175psi bone stock. :greenchainsaw:

To get that kind of $ he should have polished the bars at least.

No flame stickers or custom paint, at least make up a name for it that sounds like it could be branded.

I suggest Stihl Timber Boss or Farm God maybe even Wood Slayer.

I noticed the PRO sticker was in the wrong spot before you said anything but thats all I caught. Good eye.

Yep she`s a frankensaw for sure and we can pick it all apart as much as we want but the sad reality is that saw will sell for bigger money on fleece bay than any of us could personally sell it for out of our door. As long as it says Stihl on it, it brings big money on the bay.
Pioneerguy600

Last edited:
The crazy part is the guy has two off them for sale the same kind. Oh yeah what is wrong with flames on a saw. I flame everything it makes it do any thing faster LOL Check this out its my mower.

Look at the cap on the oil tank. I'll bet that's a Hybrid saw. Someone has put a different tank on it .

Nice of him to include 2 20" bars too. Not sure what the point is of two bars of the same length. I realize one is laminate and the other pro, but still.

Latest posts

Back