Internships

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jw5231

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
i just have a couple questions for the company owners out there, or people that have been in the business for a while. The college i attend which is the Stockbridge school of agriculture requires us to do a summer internship in our major, mine is arboriculture. I was wondering how to propose this to companies as it has to be paid because this will take up all the time i have. By the time internship roles around i will be able to climb, as this is what we are learning now and i have some prior experience, we also learn to prune, etc. But one thing i will not have much experience in is running a chainsaw in the tree ( i already have a few years running saws, just not much in trees). The problem i am encountering is that i want/need to climb as much as possible during the internship and was wondering if most companies will deal with having to in a way teach me more than the basics of running saws in trees. Also how much prior notice do you think is reasonable to start talking with companies. Any other tips to success will are welcomed.
Thanks Jason
Also, i will have most of the gear to climb (saddle, lanyard, ropes, handsaws)

also, i have my CDL, and hydaulics licenses, alot of seat time in heavy equipment, and a mechanical backround if this helps

Latest posts

Back