Introducing the new Log Splitter Line from DHT (Dirty Hand Tools)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm looking at the 28 ton splitter. Could you post a pic of the 4 way wedge again. I can't seem to be able to see the one you already posted. Also when I purchase it if it doesn't have the 90 on the pump how would I go about to get one? Where can I purchase the accessories for it? Everywhere I have looked doesn't carry them.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Here are some pictures of the 4 way wedge system. Note that you can raise and lower the 4 way to (3) positions. If you want to switch back to a 2-way you get that component included with new stripper plates.

PM us for places to purchase.
Thanks,
DHT

Please tell me something, its a question I have asked a jillion salesguys, reps from companies, and anyone who would listen. Why in the heck do splitter manufacturers insist on sticking those hoses and filters exactly where chunks of wood are sure to fall? I even drew you a few arrows to point em out.

The filter assembly ought to be easy to protect, simply weld a plate over the top to the oil tank. it would save a busted hose right when you need it least, and would cost pennies. The pump?Turn the dang thing one turn sideways so that the hose is pointed towards the hitch, there again saving the hose. And if you feel generous, mount a plate over the pump to protect it as well. i see this design over and over again, and its infuriating. My Speeco 35 ton is the same way, and I had to remedy this problem myself with a scrap piece of metal to protect the fluid filter.

Forget those springs over the hose, in the real world they slow down a chunk of wood, but a plate would be better.

attachment.php

I second what Avalancher just said!! Always driven me and father crazy to the Pt. where we had to weld on some protection ourselves!

View attachment 293382

Thank you for the pics. That was a fast reply! I'm new too the form and will have to wait to pm you. Thank you. I think I'm going to purchase online from Wood splitter direct but the don't sell the accessories. I will pm when I can.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Roughly each height is designed for use on 8", 10.5", and 13" dia logs. That would be the ideal dia to create (4) equal splits.

I like your option for the three heights, what are the three heights in inches?

Can the 4-way wedge be used on the Speeco/Husky splitters? I know they would come in contact with the uprights, but if I was to grind them down would the wedge still work on that beam?

Can the 4-way wedge be used on the Speeco/Husky splitters? I know they would come in contact with the uprights, but if I was to grind them down would the wedge still work on that beam?

Sorry, it will not work with a Huskee. Our beam shape is different.

Is this the same splitter being sold at orschelin farm stores and branded "country tough"? I looked at one this evening and it looks identical best I can tell.

When I go to purchase one of these DHT 28 ton splitters, how do I spec the 4-way wedge? Is that something any vendor can order along with the splitter? Is there a part number I need to reference?

The "Country Tough" Splitters at Orschelin are the same SpeeCo units you buy at TSC.

Is this the same splitter being sold at orschelin farm stores and branded "country tough"? I looked at one this evening and it looks identical best I can tell.

When I go to purchase one of these DHT 28 ton splitters, how do I spec the 4-way wedge? Is that something any vendor can order along with the splitter? Is there a part number I need to reference?

The PN for the 4 way wedge system is 100349. Yes it can be ordered with the splitter from any vendor. Thanks!

REJ,

Getting set up online with the big boxes takes a surprising amount of work, red tape, and longer than we would like. We hope to everyone online shortly. As soon as they become available we will let everyone know. We love the fact that we have so many folks looking out for us, its a great testament to this forum.....part of the reason why we love it so!

Hello all. just ordere the 28 ton model from logsplittersdirect.
D
Jed

Please PM us with your contact information including address and we will put you in touch with the dealer nearest you that will have the product.

Though our store test with TSC was highly successful they have elected to stick with the "lesser" supplier that they have now after leveraging our successful test to work them down on cost. No worries for us we have plenty of opportunities to get our product to the people!!

Thanks,
DHT
Dear DHT concerning the expierience with TSC leveraging their supplier on cost. Please resist building your logsplitters to a price point acceptable to the big box stores. Too many manufacturers have sacrificed quality for price. bushings instead of bearings, things like that. Market to those who appreciate quality. Thank You. George

Dear DHT concerning the expierience with TSC leveraging their supplier on cost. Please resist building your logsplitters to a price point acceptable to the big box stores. Too many manufacturers have sacrificed quality for price. bushings instead of bearings, things like that. Market to those who appreciate quality. Thank You. George

Hi all. Just ordered the 28 ton model based on the recommendations of this site and the involvement of DHT on this site. I'll post some pics when it arrives. george

JUst got my 28 ton model last week. No issues so far. Very nice machine. Watch setting up with the vent cap on the low side, it will make a big mess. Ask me how i know

Gkeisel, what real-world cycle times are you seeing with your 28 ton DHT splitter?

Honestly don't know yet. Were just about shut down here in NJ for a bit. expecting another 8-12 inches of snow tomorrow. My wood pile is out int he woods. I'll time it and report back. George

Not to resurrect this thread again, but I'm about ready to drop the coin on the 28 ton unit. Other than the 4-way wedge option, are there any other options available for this splitter that might be interesting?

Update:
I just got a response from Log Splitters Direct and they can't source the 4-way attachment. Can you recommend a vendor who will ship and can include the 4-way attachment, or can I get a price for buying the 4-way kit directly from DHT?

Back