Iowa Spring GTG II

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Actually you couldn't have ordered better weather for the GTG!
It's real easy to get too hot when having that much fun!

Mike

That's for sure, especially this early in the year before you've acclimated.

At the WI GTG in March it was so hot many were looking for a place to sit in the shade by early afternoon and there were more than a few sunburns.

First time I've ever burned twice the wood in April as I did in March.

I personally want to thank everyone who attended our gtg, it was nice to see some familiar faces and meet some new ones!! Please remember to thank our sponsors when you get a chance ( Baileys, Tree stuff, Boyd, Mike Roush, Adam Roush, DI CKs Tree Service, Mark & Ron Hoskey, Marengo Farm and Home, Greider BP)! I was very impressed with what people donated for us this spring and I also wanted to thank those who brought the old saws out that we typically dont get to see on an daily basis!

Showing up is easy when the hard work is all done. Not hard to do at all, for a set up like the ones you've hosted. Somehow all the debris gets moved and new wood takes its place, and thats the easy part, I'll bet. Thanks again for lining all this up.

Showing up is easy when the hard work is all done. Not hard to do at all, for a set up like the ones you've hosted. Somehow all the debris gets moved and new wood takes its place, and thats the easy part, I'll bet. Thanks again for lining all this up.

Exactly right.

Those guys went through alot of work and trouble for us and I for one would like to say thanks again.

Exactly right.

Those guys went through alot of work and trouble for us and I for one would like to say thanks again.

Yeah, pretty embarrassing they're thanking us for coming when it is us who are deep in debt to them for all of their hard work and hospitality!

Plus, where else can you go to a GTG and get to stay at the Golden Door! :clap:

We have been cleaning up a little at a time and thought would have it all done by now,but work ,farming and life in general takes up time. In the cleanup process, I realized just how much wood got cut up. I think it will burn just fine in the OWB. Thought you guys might like to see how we have "stored" the cookies and chunks. This is about 75% of the GTG wood.

Ron

View attachment 244090View attachment 244091

We have been cleaning up a little at a time and thought would have it all done by now,but work ,farming and life in general takes up time. In the cleanup process, I realized just how much wood got cut up. I think it will burn just fine in the OWB. Thought you guys might like to see how we have "stored" the cookies and chunks. This is about 75% of the GTG wood.

Ron

View attachment 244090View attachment 244091

244091d1341513521-cimg1218-jpg

244090d1341513478-cimg1214-jpg

Well that should make some for some heat for the Fall GTG

Last edited:
Thanks!

Thanks again for a good time at the GTG. If we could have just a little of that cool weather back it would be great. 103 sucks!

Ray

Ron & Mark Hosky along with a clutch of the Hosky youth stopped by Thursday night for a few minutes, seems that my young son Josh now has one less saw in his line up, and Mark Hosky has one more...

I don't mind the hot weather, especially as I now have air conditioning in the shop, but we sure could use a bit of the rain we missed on GTG day about now.

Mark

Ron & Mark Hosky along with a clutch of the Hosky youth stopped by Thursday night for a few minutes, seems that my young son Josh now has one less saw in his line up, and Mark Hosky has one more...

I don't mind the hot weather, especially as I now have air conditioning in the shop, but we sure could use a bit of the rain we missed on GTG day about now.

Mark

Yeah, our 30% became slight and now appears to be non existent. :msp_sad:

Not much for rain lately here either. Could use some in the next week for sure. Some of the real flooded areas in the fields are still wet, and corn on light ground is starting to fire and burn.

Guys are still trying to replant on irrigated ground, and in the peat, which is still plenty wet.

We could sure use rain here in a bad way, even when we get a stray shower of a tenth or two it doesnt seem like it makes a difference-hardly even makes mud. The only thing this weather has been O.K. for is putting up hay! It cant last forever, I guess we will just tough it out!

Ron

Latest posts

Back