Iowa Spring GTG II

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well the old moparman is back safely home after a wonderful weekend.
I would like to echo the sentiments of so many here and thank the Hoskey family for their hospitality.
With that beautiful setting and their fantastic hospitality it was almost like I'd never left Kentucky.............................................except for the 625 mile trip!!!LOL

Sure was nice to meet some of the more distant Arboristsite members and put a few faces and personalities with the usernames. Better run and stow the rest of my ol' junks before it starts to rain!

Thanks again to all who made this a VERY special weekend!

Mike

Sorry for the late post, but home computer crashed.
A big thank you to the Hoskey's and Mike, and sponsors.
It was great to meet all of you and hope to see you again.

Scott

The cheese was rapidly consumed. The Leine's was still sitting there when I left. :msp_sneaky:

But I drank one just for you!!

When I saw you with the bag of cheese I recall a moment of awkwardness when I reached my hand towards the bag as if trying to take a bone away from a dog:D I am almost sure you growled and if it had not been for tallguy behind me it might have been worse:msp_sneaky:

When I saw you with the bag of cheese I recall a moment of awkwardness when I reached my hand towards the bag as if trying to take a bone away from a dog:D I am almost sure you growled and if it had not been for tallguy behind me it might have been worse:msp_sneaky:

I had the same thing happen to me when I tried to get a bottle of scotch away from him!:ices_rofl:

First batch of pictures.

236400d1335840327-picture1-jpg

236401d1335840379-picture2-jpg

236402d1335840408-picture3-jpg

236403d1335840635-picture4-jpg

236404d1335840666-picture5-jpg

Last edited:
Just got home tonight. Had to see some family while I was up there.
As allways, good food,good people good times. Doesn't look as cold in the pics. :dizzy: Lots of old iron at this GTG, kinda nice for a change.
Thanks to all that made it happen and all that made the trip.

Looks like you Guys/Gals had a blast. I wish I could have been there. :msp_mad:
Great pics Guys!! :rock:

It was great to see everyone again (some for the first time). The weather could have been better, but very thankful that it didn't rain during the day. I can't believe all of that wood got cut up! But that's why we had it there, right? :msp_rolleyes: Great bunch of guys and a good time. Thanks to all those that made the trip and helped out. See ya next time!

Ron

Dad and I were just commenting today on what a difference a week can make in the weather.
Last Saturday at the GTG it was 40 something and the heat in the shop felt good, and this Saturday it was in the 80's and we definitely did not need extra heat anywhere. I would rather cut and work with wood when the weather is on the cool side than do it in heat. Just rambling I guess.

Ron

I here you, Ron. 51 trees Saturday.....it was plenty warm. That gtg weather was just fine by me!

Latest posts

Back