Iowa Spring GTG II

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Unpredictable Weather

The '73 storm started on 9 April, I only know that because the local TV station featured it on their web site yesterday.

There will be no snow in Chelsea on 27 April, of this I can assure you.

Mark
The last huge snowstorm we ever had in Omaha started late April 14 and ended the evening of April 15. The year was 1987. Over 13" dropped and all of it was heavy wet slop. City crews had already shut down the snow removal equipment, so the place was stranded. I recall it so well because I had to walk a mile to the post office to mail in my 1040 income forms.

Perthaps most of that 1987 storm missed DesMoines, IA but I'm not so sure about that. Usually any major winter storm that hits Omaha also nails DesMoines. Regardless, it was a freak, just like the ping pong hail that clobbered my house last night and may have ruined the roof. The weather pattern this year is rather unpredictable, and I'm still burning firewood. :bang:

I wanted to get the date up so everyone can mark their calendars for the Iowa Spring GTG.. It will be April 28 and will be held at the Hoskey farm North of Chelsea. I will have more details to come. Thank You.

I want to confirm that this is the correct date as the 28th is a Sunday.

Thanks,

Bill

it is saturday april 27th.

there will be tent space,camper space,and shop floor space for friday nite if anyone wants. and a new outhouse that mike and i built.

one more change... "til" to "till"

Cuttin cookies till the cows come home!

The spelling would drive mitch and shaun crazy dontcha know!

T-shirt list:

Lets start the list. Copy add your name and re post please!

Homelite410 1 (XXL)
Sam-tip 1 (XL) 1 (XXL)
Steve NW WI 1 (XL)

T-shirt list:

Lets start the list. Copy add your name and re post please!

Homelite410 1 (XXL)

Sam-tip 1 (XL) 1 (XXL)

Steve NW WI 1 (XL)

Mx_racer428 1 (LG)

Back