Iron Injections

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've heard the same thing as Mike with Fe products causing early abscision. Some companies who do it regularly only do it in the fall.

Have you tried the vert mulch with a strong acid? I know a few people in S/E WI who still do it, one calls it "Root Beer Floats" because of the way the soil foams when you poor sulferic acid into the holes.

From what I've been told, you do it out where there are mostly fine fibrous roots. The Fe and Mn will be released and fine roots will colonize the area untill it buffers down again.

Arbotech has low enough pH to it that I've often wondered about making a fert that is very low, such as a humic acid, in a soil injection.

the supplier i spoke w/ is also i believe the manufacturer, the product is manufactured on a relatively small scale. The injection device is homemade modeled after Rainbow's sytem.

As of right now the customer doesnt' want to try the sulfar treatments. I get the picture the guy really has no idea what he wants.

He had spoken w/ other tree companies prior to myelf and they all had told him of nothing more than injecting w/ iron. None of which companies told him of the limited residual effect or of any long term treatment options.

I think he might come around though.

Latest posts

Back