Is $5.00 too much

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This story is priceless! I would have drawn the line with the dull chain. Also, the other customer who WANTED to give you $5 for helping him out, validates your position Thall. What a lot of people are missing here is that the PITA guy had a long history of being an unreasonable cuss, and enough is enough. I've never bought into that "customers always right" nonsense. Right is right. Honesty and courtesy are a two way street and required on both sides of the counter. Being the "customer" doesn't give someone the right to be abusive or dishonest.

spike60 said:
This story is priceless! I would have drawn the line with the dull chain. Also, the other customer who WANTED to give you $5 for helping him out, validates your position Thall. What a lot of people are missing here is that the PITA guy had a long history of being an unreasonable cuss, and enough is enough. I've never bought into that "customers always right" nonsense. Right is right. Honesty and courtesy are a two way street and required on both sides of the counter. Being the "customer" doesn't give someone the right to be abusive or dishonest.

I agree that the customer is NOT always right...but the "customer is ALWAYS THE CUSTOMER". I've had a few customers over the years who sound exactly like the PITA guy. Mostly old "horse trader" types or flea market hagglers. I don't think they could sleep at night unless they thought that they got the best end of the deal that day. If they are an otherwise good customer, I cut them a little slack so that they think they have "won". Most of them have given me great word of mouth referrals. If someone is totally unreasonable, I have given in a bit and then been too busy to ever have worked for them again. 35 years in business and I've only been burned for $300...and I'm still looking for that guy. I'd wager that the PITA guy talks up Thall to everyone, but would rather shoot himself in the head than give Thall a compliment.

Hey, we need a pic of the official Pita-Guy.
But we have to have that split second look of disguust before the warantee card is played.

Wann.jpg

Here Dave Wanstadt is about to play the contract/warantee card on Ricky Williams for example.

bugfart said:
Hey, we need a pic of the official Pita-Guy.
But we have to have that split second look of disguust before the warantee card is played.

Wann.jpg

Here Dave Wanstadt is about to play the contract/warantee card on Ricky Williams for example.

LOLOL, thats a good one. That look says it all.............

Hey Thall,

with all the time and effort invested in this thread you shoulda charged him $30!:deadhorse: :hmm3grin2orange:

Newfie said:
Hey Thall,

with all the time and effort invested in this thread you shoulda charged him $30!:deadhorse: :hmm3grin2orange:

Hell I should give the ole geezer his $5.00 back for the fun,lol.................

spacemule said:
I didn't think services were taxable?

Varies by state. They are in WA... We have to charge sales tax on the full repair, not just the parts... there's some "jump though hoop" ways to partially avoid it but most don't. If you're "improving" a capital asset, it's taxable... have a guy dig a hole in your ground, it's taxable... Your accountant does your tax return - not taxable..

On the other hand, we don't pay state (individual) income tax here, so...

Last edited:
Lakeside53 said:
Varies by state. They are in WA... We have to charge sales tax on the full repair, not just the parts... there's some "jump though hoop" ways to partially avoid it but most don't. If you're "improving" a capital asset, it's taxable... have a guy did a hole in your ground, it's taxable... Your accountant does your tax return - not taxable..

On the other hand, we don't pay state (individual) income tax here, so...
Lake checked your PM's. I need to talk to you about that cleaner. Da big honcho has already asked me if I've talked to you yet so check ya PM's ole feller, I wants to order that cleaner.............................

THALL10326 said:
Lake checked your PM's. I need to talk to you about that cleaner. Da big honcho has already asked me if I've talked to you yet so check ya PM's ole feller, I wants to order that cleaner.............................

None... BUT my mail box is full... Need to clean it out. Hang in there a few hours...I'm off to wack down a big maple and mill it, all before it rains today. Want to bet the moment I start my saw it will pour?

Lakeside53 said:
None... BUT my mail box is full... Need to clean it out. Hang in there a few hours...I'm off to wack down a big maple and mill it, all before it rains today. Want to bet the moment I start my saw it will pour?

Andy use your saw..Dont try to wack it.. :clap: :clap:

Lakeside53 said:
10-4, hurry back.........................

I'm in the retail end of a business. Customers that whine over $5.00 are not worth having. You stated that he never wants to pay for anything and always complains. That kind of business is best pushed on down the street as he will bad mouth your business no matter how far you go to please him.Just my 2 cents after 25 years in retail.

Bad E said:
I'm in the retail end of a business. Customers that whine over $5.00 are not worth having. You stated that he never wants to pay for anything and always complains. That kind of business is best pushed on down the street as he will bad mouth your business no matter how far you go to please him.Just my 2 cents after 25 years in retail.

I agree he isn't worth fooling with, surely not gonna make much off him. He will never change, he's been that way all his life I guess. I put up with him only cause he is old. If he was younger than me I would have sent him packing long ago. May not agree with what ya elders do but ya still gotta respect them some and thats really all I do concerning that tight old geezer. When the old sucker passes away I'll be there with the screw auger for we're surely gonna have to screw him in the ground and its gonna be one tight fit,lol...............

Latest posts

Back