Is a hopup/rebuild worth it?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm a husky guy, and was given an 064, I took it apart and ported it, I do like the saw a lot, and it's got lots of power.. I think a 30" bar is about right for it.
I am also working on a couple 2100's and a couple 394's.. I think those are better suited for the 32-36" bars.

Of course I have my toy saw too... I don't know what this bar length is considered, it's 111DL of .375... It keeps up with a stock 394 in 36" fir, and will run circles around the 394 in smaller wood

To the OP,

No one can answer your question because there isn't one.

$300+ for a woods port on a solid runner. Then you have to add parts in, and you don't know what it needs. Then a possible case split which is a lot of work and more parts.

So don't be disappointed from no answer. IMHO, this is why.

well lets see here
all oem
bearings $12.oo per side
gasket set with seals $40.oo
pistons average $50.oo
$350.oo for labor includes porting and return shipping
$75.oo for a good used cylinder if needed
$100.oo for a good used crank if needed

so if the saw is in good shape, your in for around $500.oo

One of my clients is a spring manufacturer, I wonder if we could build spring AV retrofit kits for the 064 and other high vibe saws :)
I talked to them about making upgraded pawl springs for the 030/31/32. They were willing and the unit cost was tiny but the number of units to recoup the setup was huge to me at the time.
Dave
I may well take 2-3sets if it works out plus more after others see they work.

Back