Is Anyone Interested In Seeing How I Port A 372XP

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorta tough to see but there's a step in the floor of this outlet. Terry Landrum first showed me this in an XPW he had......that saw was a bad dude.

I've done it with and without this step.......but I think it makes enough difference to be worth the time.....
ok first off I know this is an old thread. But I have to ask, what do you mean it's worth the time? Is it worth the time to remove the step in the exhaust, or worth the time to preserve it as you widen the exhaust port? And what kind or characteristics comes from leaving it vs. Removing it. Ie: more/less speed or torque. Thanks again. We all appreciate you taking the time to share what you have learned with the rest of us.

ok first off I know this is an old thread. But I have to ask, what do you mean it's worth the time? Is it worth the time to remove the step in the exhaust, or worth the time to preserve it as you widen the exhaust port? And what kind or characteristics comes from leaving it vs. Removing it. Ie: more/less speed or torque. Thanks again. We all appreciate you taking the time to share what you have learned with the rest of us.
That step resembled a bicycle ramp before grinding all that material out to make it look like a step. If you don't have the correct bit it will take you a very long time to do....say a couple hours. With the correct bit it can be done in about fifteen minutes.
So basically he's saying it's time consuming...but well worth the time spent.
To answer your other question...It creates a pipe affect.

That step resembled a bicycle ramp before grinding all that material out to make it look like a step. If you don't have the correct bit it will take you a very long time to do....say a couple hours. With the correct bit it can be done in about fifteen minutes.
So basically he's saying it's time consuming...but well worth the time spent.
To answer your other question...It creates a pipe affect.
ok now I am gonna sound even more dumberer. What is a pipe effect?

ok now I am gonna sound even more dumberer. What is a pipe effect?
Those motorbike style racing pipes you see on saws have a pipe section before it opens up to the chamber. The longer and straighter you make it, the more high end power you'll get. Go shorter and I believe the power is more low end. I probably have this all backasswards, but it should give you an idea.
I believe a straight pipe is the best for power, but it gets in the way of what you're cutting so it has to angle out of the way.

Here's the scale.......looks like 13.1 grams

Never before have I heard of a Flip Scale. You be HI TEK .......... and stuff.
images

Latest posts

Back