Is "Bar-Oil" made for *Suckers* ??

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Words of Wisdom

If you can't afford the oil you shouldn't buy the saw.

This guy must be a product of the public school system: always being told they are smarter than anyone who ever existed on the planet before them.

Lmfao.:laugh:

Wow MSH, you sure picked up a lot of heat for daring to question the price of Stihl. But I also notice that nobody could answer your basic question of 'what makes premium better?' for five full pages now.

I don't have an answer, and doubt there is one. The only thing premium is the price. Slap a brand name on a product, and somehow it's worth more. A trip to the drugstore can prove that observation.

Whatever bar oil that seems thick enough for my needs, at the best price in my area, is what I use. I've come to the conclusion that what others purchase is of no concern of mine. I won't bother questioning prices (here) anymore, since it's clear that it achieves nothing.

Words of Wisdom

If you can't afford the oil you shouldn't buy the saw.

This guy must be a product of the public school system: always being told they are smarter than anyone who ever existed on the planet before them.

That is not the point!!! If I use 10w40 is my chain going to fly to bits?

BTW I can't afford the saw OR the oil!!! LOL LOL

I Guess I'll Neg the guy since everyone else does.

I suspect that "mr Obvious" is an alter-ego.

WTF???!!!

attachment.php

attachment.php

The anwser to the original post is simple if you use a chainsaw and want your bars,chains,and sprockets to last use chain oil.If you choose not to unless it is an emergancy situation maybe you shouldn't be useing a saw in the first place.

Yeah, that's a good point but think how bad you are getting ripped off with the two stroke oil in your fuel mix. It's in the cylinder for what, a nano-second?

I suggest that you don't use either of those products just to prove that you won't stand for being ripped off!!

:)

Hell don't use any lube, with the money you save you can buy new bars, chains, and sprockets (continuously........):buttkick:

Man this died quick.......I hope the original question was answered.

I will wait for the next GREAT thread by Mr. Hunky:jawdrop: :jawdrop: :monkey:

I think you would be very hard pressed to find any differance in chain/bar wear rates when using Stihl bar oil vs. Walmart supertech or the like. They in fact both use the same type of base oil.
About the only thing Stihl bar oil will do better is lighten your wallet.

Back