is oregon hitting a new low?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well i can say that is the first one i have seen from China.

Same thing happened here with our GB Bars and chains. They went from being re-badged Carlton chains and GB Australia made bars, to fully Chinese made ones. The bars and chains now are 100% Chinese made. I was not happy at the time at all. :mad:

To be honest i have tried the new EVO II 0.325 Chinese made chain and it cuts as well and holds it's edge as well as any of my USA made Oregon. I will be getting more in 0.325 and full size 3/8 because i can buy 2 for the price of 1 Oregon. I also now am trying some Chinese made GB bars and they are holding up as well as my old Aussie made GB and Canadian made Oregon bars so far. Yes i was genuinely shocked. o_O

I hope this Oregon bar is not cheap Chinese crap.

Although, I don't like it, it's not surprising.
American and Western European labor has priced itself out of the market.

The Chinese are capable of producing products of decent quality but it's the exception, not the rule.

Im hoping it doesnt bust out like the foresters.has to be better than the intenze bar I have on the saw now.it goes on my craftsman pro/redmax gz4000. It wont see too much use.we'll see how it does.Oregon will be hhearin from me if it doesnt do good.kind of a let down.

Don't take this the wrong way, but I've been around the world more times than I can count and I'm constantly amazed when people buy cheap stuff and then act surprised that I comes from the Far East. I personally find it amazing that they can produce a bar like that for under $30. A Canadian Oregon bar would be twice as expensive and would it last twice as long?. The old adage that "You get what you pay for" goes both ways. I for one love cheap stuff as long as I know I'm getting cheap stuff.

Oh no I get what your sayin.hated to throw it back across the counter.they were busy and they usually are good at suppling what im needing parts wise within a few days.

You can credit this crazy global economy that we live in. From a manufactures prospective, they see a higher ROI on cheap goods. Silly as it seems, unless you have a niche market, there's almost no profit on quality North American made goods.

You can well imagine that Oregon sells hundreds/thousands of those cheap bars for every PRO bar and Oregon knows that if they don't keep producing cheaper and cheaper bars that someone will come along and do it for them.

I guess people here could work for a buck or two an hour like the Chinese and work in areas where you don't have government agencies like OSHA and EPA that not only cost the manufactures but the tax payers as well. That may bring some of the jobs back to this country.

Im sure theres not much of a market for pro bars for this size saw since the pro saws are outnumbered by poulans that use the same bar.what Mr home owner would want to buy a $50 bar to go on a $75 saw.

The only thing I can think of that America builds is military equipment, commercial aircraft, and lawn mowers...

Its for shinnies and tanakas, I wonder if they just imported that bar for the import models in order to have a complete replacement parts lineup?

HF

That is sad to see, but Oregon isn't the first bar brand to do that.

Also, it obviously is a bar at the extreme low end.....

Maybe the Chinese made GB bars are OK but it sure takes the cool factor out of owning one made in Australia.

No reason for me to buy one now.

Although, I don't like it, it's not surprising.
American and Western European labor has priced itself out of the market.

The Chinese are capable of producing products of decent quality but it's the exception, not the rule.
It's not hard. Chinese factories produce to whatever specs and price point companies give them. Just like anywhere. If you pay and expect cheap junk, that's what you're going to get. If you pay for and demand a higher quality, they can make that too.

Im sure theres not much of a market for pro bars for this size saw since the pro saws are outnumbered by poulans that use the same bar.what Mr home owner would want to buy a $50 bar to go on a $75 saw.

I hate to see Oregon going China, but this quote from jughead about somes it up perfectly.
I just told a friend yesterday that still didn't know Carhartt is being made in Mexico. It's been like that for years now. :(

Snow blowers - but hardly my Honda....

There's a fighting chance the engine in that Honda was built in Missouri, USA.

I hate to see Oregon going China, but this quote from jughead about somes it up perfectly.
I just told a friend yesterday that still didn't know Carhartt is being made in Mexico. It's been like that for years now. :(

Not all of em, my new jacket is still USA made, had to do some label searching at Fleet Farm to find the US stuff though.

http://www.carhartt.com/webapp/wcs/...10101&storeId=10051&productId=32132&langId=-1

Latest posts

Back