Is there a source for new "log" Stihl badges?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've checked Ebay but there seems to be nothing on there except a couple of faded ones in as bad condition as mine! Have emailed Cheapstihlparts to see if he has anything besides the tags listed on his website...

I dug around through the box tonight. Is this the tag you need?

Bill

Thanks for the reply Bill, no I need the tag with Stihl 090AV on it. The tag you show there is the same I already have , I also have the top tag[Stihl] that matches it too. My 090 almost burnt up a few years back while cutting paper rolls for our local paper mill and rather then just repaint the burnt top covers I bought the last new 090 top covers Stihl Canada had left in inventory. Only problem is they never came with tags[the new rewind housing I also bought did though]. And the design of these new top covers is the ones with only 1 tag on the airfilter cover. If you have that tag I need I could sure do business with you. If you or anyone else need a 090 rewind housing cover and 2 top covers [they need paint] I could let those go too.Top cover tags are in good conditon,rewind tag is not repairable.
PM me if interested.

Last edited:
$6 shipping, but a lot more to Northern Ireland! It'd probably come close to $50 overall, which is what I paid for the saw in good running condition...
If I can't find a decent logo at a reasonable price, I might look into having a batch made up - the price some Ebayers seem to think they are worth should mean I could break even on a small run of "brand new" ones!

Cheers,

Patrick.
You may find it is too expensve to do it in metal, unless you have a bunch of bucks to put up front.

Yes, that would be the main issue - I know no-one would want one unless they were "exact" reproductions, and the more "exact" the more £££!
But I have sent a couple of emails to badge/nameplate making companies just to explore the avenue. Even a (strong, as in very permanent and petrol resistant!) adhesive backed foil print to go over the top of the existing tag would be better than most...

Yes, that would be the main issue - I know no-one would want one unless they were "exact" reproductions, and the more "exact" the more £££!
But I have sent a couple of emails to badge/nameplate making companies just to explore the avenue. Even a (strong, as in very permanent and petrol resistant!) adhesive backed foil print to go over the top of the existing tag would be better than most...
I wish you the best of luck.

Could anyone (Possibly Jerry, Pioneerguy?), post a really good, clear close-up of the badge for colour identification and design purposes? I'm looking at having a batch of tags made in printed aluminium, then anodised on top so they'll be chemical proof and look just like the original.
I have a sample badge with perfect edges to send the maker as a template - but both of mine are a bit dead as regards the looks - faded, or faded and badly scratched are the options I have at the minute!
If anyone could do this for me maybe they could drop me a PM and I'll give you an email address for pictures or scans - the higher quality the better.
A few free tags for the picture used to make the badge of course, if production goes ahead (and it's looking good so far!)

Cheers,

Patrick.

Last edited:
Are you needing the badge that's curved (like on an 090 starter housing) or the one that is flatter (like on an 045/056 starter housing)? I have a like-new old style badge but it's the flatter style.

These are off of my 07S and 08S. The red is different on the two as shown. I believe the brighter red is accurate and the other faded. These were taken with no flash in flourescent lighting.

454314593_niNGR-XL.jpg

454314554_ncbya-XL.jpg

Great pics, Brad - many thanks!
The guy seems keen to take on the challrnge, and seems that he will be reasonably priced - though he won't know until "The wife comes home tomorrow".
He has laser cututting and profiling gear, prints them and then has them anodized - and heers for yours Jerry, they all look great! Hopefully I can get a run made up and sell them on here for cost, maybe a bit more money in bulk to one of the Ebay suppliers (can't be bothere selling them myself, I hate the taste of stamps ahaha! And of course you 3 fellas will be getting the first few - after I get my sample one from him hehe... :D

From an old 041AV, Jacob - but they'll probably be made in 1mm ally, so will happily curve to fit - I hope!
I'm hoping the guy will set up and send me one for checking before I ask him to do a run of them.

Are you needing the badge that's curved (like on an 090 starter housing) or the one that is flatter (like on an 045/056 starter housing)? I have a like-new old style badge but it's the flatter style.

For info, could I have a list of people who would be in for one or more of these? I'm only having them made if they are perfect. Maybe you could all stick a reply below and how many you might be interested in. They will be cost price (which by the sounds of things, should be cheap, but I'll hear tomorrow I hope) for AS members, postage should be what, a dollar or two from the UK to the US? Less if anyone knows a friendly British Serviceman at a base in the US... that would be about $0.60 per tag to the US, then the ongoing postage should be virtually nothing.

Latest posts

Back