Is This a Husky 650? Saw ID help needed

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flyboy553

Oakaholic
Reaction score
A friend of mine had to repossess a house and while doing the clean out he found this saw. I think it is a 650 but I don't know for sure. It was a mess. So much gunk under the covers you couldn't see the fins on the cylinder. All we did so far is blow the crap out of it. Put some fresh mix in it and it fired up in 3 pulls. has a broken but usable handle and is missing a bar nut, but other than that, not a bad saw. Oh yeah, there is supposed to be some sort of square cover on the front of the muffler that is missing also. here are some pics of it:

upload_2014-4-3_15-36-34.jpeg

upload_2014-4-3_15-37-11.jpeg

upload_2014-4-3_15-37-45.jpeg

upload_2014-4-3_15-38-10.jpeg

upload_2014-4-3_15-38-44.jpeg

upload_2014-4-3_15-39-43.jpeg

Thanks for any and all help!

Ted

Those were some of the early saws. There's a 77 and a 90 is the most rare.

It's more common than the other models in that era.

around these parts those saws have a name they've earned for themselves. we call them "grandpa saws". they are slow revving and gutless but last forever. only pensioners like to use them. my grandpa is not one of them though. they are getting more rare as the years go buy and the ones i do find only need a little bit of work to make them run. i've actually never seen one that was blown up.

Yup, its an L65. I have my dads old L77 he bought new in the early 70's. They were a good firewood saw you just wouldnt want to make a living with one, they have really poor antivibes. If I run mine for 15 minutes I cant feel my hands for a while. I know my dad has used it ALOT!!! Overall a good saw. The 65 is much more common than the 77 and I never even heard of a 90 that Mike mentioned but I dont claim to know that much about these things. What you gonna do with it?

Yeah Andy, it says Made in Sweden on it so I guess I gotta believe that, eh? Not sure what the guy is going to do with it. It is a far better saw than anything he has, that's for sure. But I am still gonna try to talk him out of it! lol

Ted

Back