Is this a RARE saw like Im being told?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In case it has not been noticed; this thread is nearly 1-1/2 years old. An Echo so to speak (red should appreciate that one). :)

They outcut the 029

And were a lot lighter and less bulky.

Tune it up and check all the fasteners and gaskets for leaks and I bet you will like the way it runs scooter.

It was a unique American Mac in that it had a built up crank with caged big end bearing AND a separate cylinder on the clamshell crankcase.

I never did get that darn saw..but you know what? It's still at the shop where I currently am working, and it's still like new except that someone unknowingly put the wrong bar/chain on it and screwed up the clutch drum.

It's a Viscious saw, and pretty stout. I ran it not to long ago after it sat for a year, I still say it runs with presence.:rock:

3020av Silver Eagle..."The great one"

Post some pics of yours.

I'll get some pics in the morning when the sun comes up.
No power at the back barn yet.

I'll get some pics in the morning when the sun comes up.
No power at the back barn yet.

Sweet. Does yours "snap" it idle? THe one I played with had a really snappy idle, it jerked in your hands, what a beast.

Not going to get the saw..just to check out the racing engine. I wont even bring cash if he does have the saw..helps prevent impusle buying:dizzy:

I know the coolest part of it was that when it ran..it ran with presense...

Ive never seen people take notice when a saw was fired since I helped start an old Wright Saw..:bowdown:

When you rev it up it sounds indy car like...

:hmm3grin2orange: wonder what you would think with a 2101 in
ye hands? Maybe a jet engine lol

:hmm3grin2orange: wonder what you would think with a 2101 in
ye hands? Maybe a jet engine lol

Hey, I ran a Wright saw, with the reciprocating blades...I dont know of a more badanus saw than that sucker.

WRIGHT 5020A 116 cc

Hey, I ran a Wright saw, with the reciprocating blades...I dont know of a more badanus saw than that sucker.

Those big Wright reicp. saws sure rock with a heavy idle and lots of torque , have a couple of 5020A Models with approx.116 cc. The Wright c70 is a chainsaw with adjustable spark timing lever and they have 116 cc also, both use big Carter carbs and are really fun to run and cut wood but are too heavy for every day use.

Here's a couple pics

attachment.php

attachment.php

Sorry, cell phone takes terrible pictures.

Okay, I put it in some 20" red oak this evening and it's not a bad saw.Light compared to my regular 50cc firewood saw(about 2lbs.),smooth and well balanced.Torque would be about the same but slower.Al in all a respectable saw.Definately not as fun.
I'll have to tear it down tonight and see what I can do to juice it up a little and see how well it's built.

Okay, I put it in some 20" red oak this evening and it's not a bad saw.Light compared to my regular 50cc firewood saw(about 2lbs.),smooth and well balanced.Torque would be about the same but slower.Al in all a respectable saw.Definately not as fun.
I'll have to tear it down tonight and see what I can do to juice it up a little and see how well it's built.

Shouldnt be too difficult to boost it up just slightly. It revs up pretty high though.

I think they are a bit heavy, just my opinion. But this one has a heavy bar on it, so that probably has some bearing on it.

I personally am not a fan of the little choke lever, but it works well, and the things crank right up.

Ive got the 46cc version of this saw, again it was bought NEW, but sat up a while and had a ripped intake boot right out of the box..."Thanks Mac" So It never saw wood til I got it, I mended the boot, cut once, then it ripped again, cant find the boot part. Good saws.

4600 or 4700

Hey guys I have a 46 or 4700 saw that starts right up and runs good. just needs the oiler and clutch. I got it this way in a bunch of saws. Its in great shape. Has anyone found a place to get parts for the saw or should I just try to dump it off and be rid of the headache. What do you think since you have been checking them out.

Latest posts

Back