Is this a RARE saw like Im being told?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Stumper said:
Guys, it certainly is NOT a Timberbear-As Red stated to begin with it is one of the Euro-Macs-Made by Alpina/Olympyk/Efco. it is a different class of saw from common late production McCulloch junk. It Is good saw that came too late to save the brand in America.
Looks like this except for the sticker right?
http://www.acresinternet.com/cscc.n...e/Images/0.84?OpenElement&FieldElemFormat=gif

Id have to see the saw again to confirm 100% but thats the closests Ive seen so far.

Any idea on my other saw?

Model stickers say FR4618. Verticle cylinder, AV mounting, rectangular cube airfilter of screen mesh, drops in from the top.

I cant find any info on it, it looks like brand new, I took it apart and cant find parts for it.

What info can you give me on the Silver Eagle.

okay, went to his shop and saw the saw...

IT is not like the one in the picture above...

The model is: AVS 3020 Silver Eagle.

He says the motor itself was manufactured by Alpina, he knows it is large displacement, but we couldnt find a sticker.

He says his Bro. will take 150 for it...:bowdown: with the new chain, McCulloch bar, and MAC scabbard.

Ill try to describe it to you from 2 hour old memory.

Choke is a yellow lever on the left side of the back of the case. Kill switch is a red slider on the top of the handle. Air filter is accessed from the top by removing a little cover, then the carb is acessed by removing 4 screws from the large cylinder cover and liftign it up.

Has Air injection off the flywheel, into the air box.

It is very similar to my FR 4618, I just took apart, but different color and small stuff.

Such a smooth revver...but still has that Lopey Idle, and Indy car WOT sound...

RED-85-Z51 said:
okay, went to his shop and saw the saw...

IT is not like the one in the picture above...

The model is: AVS 3020 Silver Eagle.

He says the motor itself was manufactured by Alpina, he knows it is large displacement, but we couldnt find a sticker.

He says his Bro. will take 150 for it...:bowdown: with the new chain, McCulloch bar, and MAC scabbard.

Ill try to describe it to you from 2 hour old memory.

Choke is a yellow lever on the left side of the back of the case. Kill switch is a red slider on the top of the handle. Air filter is accessed from the top by removing a little cover, then the carb is acessed by removing 4 screws from the large cylinder cover and liftign it up.

Has Air injection off the flywheel, into the air box.

It is very similar to my FR 4618, I just took apart, but different color and small stuff.

Such a smooth revver...but still has that Lopey Idle, and Indy car WOT sound...

Red are you saying you didn't buy it, grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. Now I'm gonna have to come to Fla and gives you a saw whoppin,lol. Just messing with ya.......

macsawiw0.jpg

Thats it BULL. Looks like they range in Displacement from 42 to 60 or so CC's.

THALL10326 said:
Red are you saying you didn't buy it, grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. Now I'm gonna have to come to Fla and gives you a saw whoppin,lol. Just messing with ya.......

Hehe, I took my business Checkbook for some belts I had to pickup for a Murray and a Tiller...
And I took 40 bucks cash for Gas.

Ive got so many Irons in the fire now...its scary!

Let me give you a taste...

Ive got a rusted out 1949 Farmall C I have to have restored in 8 months.

I just bought a 1967 John Deere 110H (rare) that I have torn down to the frame and trans, awaiting cooler weather for a complete resto. Engine is going to have to be sleeved, with all new internals.

Ive got an old Go-KArt frame Ive completely rebuilt to my likeing, including cutting the seat out and lowering it in the frame. Im looking for a Kohler XKE for a good price. MY friend didnt have enough time to look before I arrived..but his brother has one with electric start, in the box, but he wants too much for it.

Ive got a 1985 Corvette Z51 (Hence my name) that needs some work..including paint, gauge crystals, Rear pads, new upholsery, and new valve cover gaskets, not to mention a new A/C compressor. All the other A/C ive already replaced.

My saws include:
Pro-Mac 610
Timber Bear
Tanaka ECS 415
Mac FR4618
Poulan Wild Thing
Poulan 306A (the old man)
Wizard B0-8
Poulan XXV
Poulan 2300
Homelite "textron" XL

And probably a few more Ive forgotten...:hmm3grin2orange:

MY tractors include- 1989 JD 316, 1993 Wheel Horse 416-H, 198X Wheel Horse 310-8, 1962 WH 602, 197X Cub Cadet 1200, 1967 JD 110H, 1983 Snapper Hi-Vac, Old Heckendorn Commercial mower...and a few IVe probably forgotten...

MY fire is about smothered...:blob2:

But Ill probably stil lend up getting the saw..:greenchainsaw:

Still having trouble finding any info about these saws on the web.

AVS3020 Silver Eagle
MAC 4600 or FR4618 (same saw)

anyone?

okay, just talked to one of the NOS parts dealers, and he told me a little about the AVS 3020 Silver Eagle.

He says the engine was Built in Italy, and was certainly a very formidable saw. He says they have gobs of torque all through the powerband, and a very hard to find complete anymore.

And he has parts for it...:chainsaw:

okay, just talked to one of the NOS parts dealers, and he told me a little about the AVS 3020 Silver Eagle.

He says the engine was Built in Italy, and was certainly a very formidable saw. He says they have gobs of torque all through the powerband, and a very hard to find complete anymore.

And he has parts for it...:chainsaw:
Just aquired one of these.Any idea on displacement?
This one looks to have maybe cut 1 load of wood then put up.
Also who is the dealer with parts? Thanks Steve

Thanks !!

P.S. Nice saw but anything but "formidable" :) :)

Last edited:
Many confuse the silver with the double

The Double Eagle was Italian
The Silver Eagles were North American

And there aren't a lot of them around if that means anything

They were some of the last saws produced before Mac imploded

Last edited:
How can someone have such a high opinion of older, lower performance, hard-to-find-parts-for saws, yet not like any pro Stihl saw? Makes no sense to me at all. It's fine if you like some other brand, but I see no logic in all this.

The Italian Macs were actually quality saws. The Taiwanese and Mexican Macs are junk. I've worked on many- the dealership I worked for in high school was one of the last remaining Mac dealers here of the early 90's.

Latest posts

Back