Is this used flywheel usable?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ANewSawyer

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Picked this up off the 'bay for $20. I didn't realize that it had a chip out of it until I got it. It is visible in the ebay photos, I just looked over it.

Attachments

• Flywheel 002.JPG
    Flywheel 002.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 77
  • Flywheel 003.JPG
    Flywheel 003.JPG
    865.3 KB · Views: 84
  • Flywheel 004.JPG
    Flywheel 004.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 72
  • I'd look carefully as to how it chipped. Is there more to the story? Any eveidence that someone used a two or three jaw gear puller? If one jaw wrapped around that corner and pulled inward it could chip off. It could also create stress cracks there or where the other jaws went.
Any evidence of stress cracks, I'd put in the ditch. If not, run it. Should not effect balance or cooling or anything otgherwise.

Yes, it was shown in the pictures, I just over looked it. The main concern was a rub mark on the magnets but they feel strong. I don't know if you can tell from the photos, but the damage is two sided. The damage on the fin side slopes back and then a piece is broken off the edge. I wonder if somebody pried on it. There are some pokes in the back of the wheel, like somebody tried a screwdriver but I don't see any cracks or signs of a jawed puller. I know now to not use a jawed puller. :dumb: Learned that the hard way. I will inspect it closer at a later date but I do believe we are in business!

Back