Is this what Stihl's have come to?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1. The throttle MUST be depressed to engage the choke, if not, you may find the spring on the wrong side of the switch.

2. The choke MUST be engaged to effectively remove and replace the cover.

Both of these procedures are described in the owners manual. ....

Sure - the problem is that people ignore that document, or doesn't understand what it says....

They been using that same switch for the last 20 years, matter of fact the last 30 years, the 028 had that same type of switch. The saws they built many many years ago were heavy duty, all metal construction, they didn't produce what is now considered home owner saws. They got into the home market when the logging market started declining just like every other maker. Same quailty, I'd say yes, built as heavy duty with all metal construction like 40 years ago, no. No need for that type of saw anymore.

Seems to me the quality of thier homeowner saws has gone since they 1st came out with them, save a little money on a part here and there as a lot of companys do now days. Steve

Seeing as one of their first "homeowner" saws... the 041 Farm Boss was targeted to non-pro users... I think you're a little off base there mang. That thing is a tank, and there is still a lot of them around.

Then the 028AV Wood Boss... another saw targeted towards non-pro users... great saws with a lot still left in service...

Gary

Seeing as one of their first "homeowner" saws... the 041 Farm Boss was targeted to non-pro users... I think you're a little off base there mang. That thing is a tank, and there is still a lot of them around.

Then the 028AV Wood Boss... another saw targeted towards non-pro users... great saws with a lot still left in service...

Gary

Good point there. The 041 is a heavy duty tank of a saw and was targeted for non pro use. That saw compared to home owner models of today by any maker would be considered heavy duty overkill. The 028 was when they started using alot more plastic. The early ones had metal fuel tanks and then they went to plastic. Your right though those saws were targeted toward non-pro use.

I got a sweet 032 here at the shop thats in great condition, another super heavy duty made little saw. If the customer doesn't soon come claim it, been here over 6 months, that saw is gonna find a new home called da Shed,:cheers::cheers:

Seems to me the quality of thier homeowner saws has gone since they 1st came out with them, save a little money on a part here and there as a lot of companys do now days. Steve

True, no company makes things like they use too. I guess I come from new school. You always hear man I miss the good ole days. When it comes to chainsaws I'm for thank goodness the good ole days are gone. The saws back in the so called day killed on both ends, they weren't user freindly nearly as good as the saws of today...

True, no company makes things like they use too. I guess I come from new school. You always hear man I miss the good ole days. When it comes to chainsaws I'm for thank goodness the good ole days are gone. The saws back in the so called day killed on both ends, they weren't user freindly nearly as good as the saws of today...

Stihl is running a radio and road sign advertising campaign over here right now promoting "Stihl quality" already available at 199 euro...I guess they are only interested in homeowners these days. That sucker on the radio also pronounces Stihl as Sccchhhhtill all the time. :monkey:

The 441 for ex goes for about 1150 euro here.

It is because everyone wants all the power of a 090 in a 260 sized saw and be as smooth as silk..... They have to make sacrifices somewhere... Plastic here, plastic there, smaller fuel tank, smaller oil tank, rubber here.... well you know....

Stihl is running a radio and road sign advertising campaign over here right now promoting "Stihl quality" already available at 199 euro...I guess they are only interested in homeowners these days. That sucker on the radio also pronounces Stihl as Sccchhhhtill all the time. :monkey:

I guess that no brand will announce that their cheaper saws are crap, even though they are, regardless of brand.

Imo the MS250 belongs firmly in that category - but some will surely disagree - it always is like that! :biggrinbounce2:

Tommy...

I see you're still the Champ mang... :)

Now where's the mule when you would expect him to show up? :laugh:

Gary

Gary last I heard Space had a little problem the other day. It was election day and he was leaving the house to go vote. Told his wife he'd be back in a hour. A few 5 minutes from the house Space realize he forgot his chewing tobaccie. He went back and when he walked in his wife was on the couch naked and all sweaty. He says where is the SOB. She says now honey there is no one here but me. He says yeah right and started searching the whole house. He ramsacked the whole house. When he got to the bathroom he pulled back the shower curtain and there stood a naked man. Space goes ha haaaaaaaaaa I done caught you. The man says what, get the hell outta here, I'm not done voting yet, Space said oh, sorry for the intrusion,:hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange:

I guess that no brand will announce that their cheaper saws are crap, even though they are, regardless of brand.

Imo the MS250 belongs firmly in that category - but some will surely disagree - it always is like that! :biggrinbounce2:

Well Sawtroll you may be one of a very few that feels to zip up a tree now and then requires a top of the line pro saw. However most people would rather buy just enough saw to do what they need and spend their money on other things more important to them.

As for the 250 goes Stihl is offering a free case with purchase on those. Been selling like wild fire. Want me to get one ready for ya, they tout a great switch system to go along with the free case,:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

1150 Euro's, yikes.

Wait till I get on the ra diddy o and advertise. That sweet southern voice of mine will have people flocking to dealers willing to buy 1000's of saws in hope of finding Da King baby,LOLOLOLOL

1150 Euro's, yikes.

Wait till I get on the ra diddy o and advertise. That sweet southern voice of mine will have people flocking to dealers willing to buy 1000's of saws in hope of finding Da King baby,LOLOLOLOL

Wish you luck! You have not had a gig since you played in Deliverance.

SOOOO WEEEEE!!

Gary

hell yeah! great saw, got one myself, just the regular woodboss, thing cuts great with an 18 .325 on it, lots of torque for what it is

Gary last I heard Space had a little problem the other day. It was election day and he was leaving the house to go vote. Told his wife he'd be back in a hour. A few 5 minutes from the house Space realize he forgot his chewing tobaccie. He went back and when he walked in his wife was on the couch naked and all sweaty. He says where is the SOB. She says now honey there is no one here but me. He says yeah right and started searching the whole house. He ramsacked the whole house. When he got to the bathroom he pulled back the shower curtain and there stood a naked man. Space goes ha haaaaaaaaaa I done caught you. The man says what, get the hell outta here, I'm not done voting yet, Space said oh, sorry for the intrusion,:hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange:

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!! :laugh: :laugh:

Gary

Well Sawtroll you may be one of a very few that feels to zip up a tree now and then requires a top of the line pro saw. However most people would rather buy just enough saw to do what they need and spend their money on other things more important to them.

As for the 250 goes Stihl is offering a free case with purchase on those. Been selling like wild fire. Want me to get one ready for ya, they tout a great switch system to go along with the free case,:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Sure, but the advertising is waaay off anyway - and not just with Stihl! :cheers:

Regarding the '58 Plymouth

It only has N, R, D, and L.
My '57 Plymouth had a lever under the buttons to put it in park. I believe that the '58 did as well. Not related to the park brake.

No matter what type of equipment it is, the owner/operator has a responsibility to know how to operate it properly. Only when it is being operated properly can pros and cons of the equipment come into play.

Wrong

But what if the car let you pull the lever out of park without holding the brake down, but if you did it, the shift linkage would shift out of place and you couldn't put it back into park without crawling under the car to realign the linkage? It wouldn't be a design flaw, it'd just be operator error, just like the combo switch on the Stihl, right?

I get your idea, but your information is flawed. The foot on the brake thing is a relatively recent Federal mandate for safety. Non of the cars with automatic transmissions in the 50s and 60s required your foot to be on the brake to shift out of park.

Point: Accuracy matters.

Latest posts

Back